Wishing You Luck!

Friday, March 15, 2013

Hi Friends!  I'm, yet again, trying to get a card finished for a challenge at the last minute, so this is going to be really short. :)
My color palette on this card comes from the ColourQ Challenge #180, and I used the Sketch Saturday #249 layout. (As a bonus, Flourishes Timeless Tuesday #211 this week is Go Green!) I added some rhinestones, twine and a couple of extra scallops, but other than that, I stuck to the sketch. Using the chalkboard technique, I heat embossed the sentiment in white (it's a combination of three different stamps from the dollar bin), stamped over that with white ink, and finally, used a white and a lime green colored pencil for accents. For the bricked embossed layer, I inked the embossing folder with white ink before embossing. 
On the inside I simply layered several die cuts, stamped the sentiment and was done. I may go back and color in the pot of gold later.

I don't send out St. Patty's Day cards, and I know this would immediately be thought of as one, but since I haven't referenced the holiday anywhere on it, I think it would work for any kind of "good luck" occasion.

Thanks for stopping by, and enjoy your weekend!

I'll be entering this card in the following challenges:

~Hugs,

 
Stamps: Studio G
Ink: Distress; Colorbox; Versamark; Memento
Dies: A2 Matting Basics, Labels 21, Labels 4 (Spellbinders)
Accessories: Diamond Lace Edge Punch (EK Success); Bricked embossing folder (Sizzix); white embossing powder; Prismacolor pencils; rhinestones; twine (The Twinery); ribbon
Size: A2 (4.25" x 5.5")
Thanks for visiting my blog!
To have Ink Up delivered to your inbox,
subscribe in the box at the top right of the page.

3 comments :

Jen Mitchell said...

Such a fun and festive card! Thanks for joining us at colourQ!

Maria said...

Wow! Super fun St. Pat's card! Great job with the chalkboard technique. Love the background, twine, scallops, and gems! Have a great weekend, hugs!

Conniecrafter said...

fun sentiment, love the layering of the borders and you do such great insides too :)