Blessed is the Season

Friday, October 14, 2011

Hello there...again! I'm back to post another Christmas creation for a Flourishes challenge, but before I tell you about this really fun creation I've made, I wanted to thank Linda, over at Paper Boutique, for featuring my Prickley Pear Poinsettia candle in her Fab Five Friday today. Thanks, Linda! You made my day!!!

Okay, now on to my challenge entry. This project is for Flourishes Just Show Me! Challenge. To play, you scroll through Flourishes Tutorial Library HERE. Once you find a technique or project that you’d like to give a try, have some creative fun and make it! Well, let me tell you, they have some fantastic ideas in their library. I looked through it for quite a while--not because I couldn't find anything, but because I couldn't decide which one to try first! I ended up chosing a technique and a project: the Out of the Box technique, and Beate's Genie Bag project. I had a little trouble with the Out of the Box technique and ended up using my Curvy Cutter instead of a die, but the Genie Bag was so much fun to make! I'll be making this again!


Here's a photo of the back:
A couple of close ups:



I used these colors for the flowers:


About the color of this bag...I did begin with the idea that it would be a Christmas bag, and originally the layer behind the sentiment was green. But, I just didn't like the way it looked. The green seemed to take away from the stamped image, so I changed the die cut to black. Now, even though I think of this as being for Christmas, I suppose, even with this particular sentiment, it could easily pass as an Easter bag, too. 

So, I'm off to get my last post of the day written. See you again, real soon. ;)

Thanks for stopping by...again!
 
Stamps: Paperwhites (Flourishes); Joy (Michaels)
Paper: Watercolor Bouquet Bouquet (K&Co); Shimmer Stack (DCWV)
Ink: Copic Markers; Distress Ink
Dies: Ironwork Motifs, Parisian Accents, Parisian Motifs, Classic Circles Lg (Spellbinders)
Accessories: Ribbon (Michaels); Curvy Cutter (EK Success); paper lunch bag; Perfect Pearls Mist; Stickles; Enamel Accents (Inkksentials); foam dots
Size: Standard lunch bag trimmed to 4.5" tall (5" x 4.5")
Thanks for visiting my blog!
To have Ink Up delivered to your inbox,
subscribe in the box at the top right of the page.

3 comments :

Theresa said...

Oh...totally fabulous!! Love the purple and brown. I love making things with paper bags - they make great scrapbooks. Your project is amazing.

Bernie said...

Wow another fantastic creation! Love the color combo! That sentiment is so beautiful.
Blessings Bernie

Anonymous said...

Wow! Stunning! Who needs a gift when you have a bag like THIS?! Gorgeous job with the challenge!