Love is Patient

Saturday, February 13, 2016

I used the Viva la Verve February Sketch, turned sideways, for this masculine Valentine card.
The colors are a little unconventional for Valentine's Day, but I love how it turned out--especially with the heat embossed text on acetate over the heart. I had some trouble with the acetate softening, then warping after it cooled, when I heated the embossing powder, but I found that if I left it lying on the table while heating it, rather than holding it in my hand, it didn't warp nearly as much.
I thought about using the same leather print paper for the inside of the card, too, then heat embossing the Valentine sentiment in white, and, later, personalizing it with a white gel pen, but it didn't seem very interesting or creative, so I went with the white heart, instead.

Thanks for stopping by, and have a wonderful weekend!

I'm entering this card in the following challenges:
VLV February Week 1 Sketch Challenge

~Hugs,
Thanks for visiting my blog!
To have Ink Up delivered to your inbox,
subscribe in the box at the top right of the page.

5 comments :

Conniecrafter said...

very cool, great tip on keeping the acetate on the table, Happy Valentine's day

Nancy Thomas said...

That is one of favorite verses - love it on the acetate. Thank you for joining The Cat's Pajamas TCP Tuesday challenge for a second time.

Brenda said...

I love that you did the embossing on acetate! Lovely card. Thanks so much for playing along with us at The Cat's Pajamas TCP Tuesday!

Kimberly J. said...

One of my favorite verses. Great card!!
Thanks for linking up your project this month!!
Have a wonderful day!!
Kimberly, Pink & Main Stamps DT Member :)
Kimberly’s Crafty Spot
Pink & Main Stamps, DT Member

Stacey's Creative Corner said...

Fabulous card! Thanks for joining us for this month’s challenge at Pink & Main Challenges.
Stacey, DT Member
Stacey’s Creative Corner
Pink & Main, DT Member