Vintage Santa

Monday, November 25, 2013

 
I'll make this a really quick post. It's time to finish up with the Viva la Verve sketches for November, so I made a Christmas card with the Week 4 sketch.
I used a new-to-me Tim Holtz Christmas stamp for this card, heat embossing it with clear ep, on kraft cs, then sponged red and green Distress Inks over parts of it. The green layer is a paper doily that I misted with Dylusions Ink Sprays. I like the color, but every time I look at this card, I think of lettuce! ;-) For the bg, I die cut a piece of glitter cs and topped it with a text dp die cut. The fishtail banner was hand cut. I layered raffia and twine bows and topped it off with a brad that I made with my I-Top Brad Maker.
Here's the inside. The red and white striped edges were from the same chevron dp that I cut the fishtail banner from. I just cut it right on the points to make it look striped. The sentiment and Christmas bell are from a Recollections stamp set called Vintage Christmas.

And, there you have it. Short and sweet! :)

Thanks for stopping by, and enjoy your week!

I'm entering this card in the following challenges:
Viva la Verve November 2013 Week 4 Sketch Challenge
The Corrosive Challenge #188: Happy Holidays
Simon Says Monday Challenge: Countdown to the Holidays
Paper Issues: It's Beginning to Look a Lot Like Christmas

~Hugs,
 
Supplies: 

Thanks for visiting my blog!
To have Ink Up delivered to your inbox,
subscribe in the box at the top right of the page.

5 comments :

Conniecrafter said...

Oh my I had to laugh on how you think of lettuce when you look at the card, that is too funny.... well I didn't see that when looking until you said something. fantastic layering inside and out, such pretty sparkle too and love your twine and raffia combo!

Craft Addicts - Tracy Evans said...

Beautiful Christmas card, I love the vintage Santa and the doily sitting behind. The background die cut piece is gorgeous and i love that you decorated the interior too. Thanks so much for joining in the Simon Says Stamp Momday Challenge. Tracy x

Leslie Miller said...

LOVE this! You're shining with the vintage Christmas this week. Wow!

Andrea Ockey Parr said...

This card is so absolutely unique! I just kept staring at it as though hypnotized (my husband waved a hand in front of my face to see if I was okay)! But I just had to see how you combined all these elements! What a great idea to make the delicate die-cut frame be the background of your piece! And I adore the raffia bow with the baker's twine. It all just adds up to one fantastic card and I really appreciate the inspiration you've given me. Fantastic job and I'm so glad you shared this with us here at the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge blog!

Regan said...

Beautiful vintage Santa! And the inside is as lovely as the front! Thanks for joining us at The Corrosive Challenge!
{hugs}
Regan