Sunny Hello

Saturday, May 11, 2013


I've got a card today that uses one of the images I've recently colored since my Copic classes. See if you can spot the blooper I made on this card. I'll tell you what it is at the end of the post. ;)
I've had that cute Elisabeth Bell stamp for awhile, but have been too intimidated to color it until now. I can see areas that could have been colored better, but all-in-all, I like how it turned out.  The yellow pearls in the corners are made with a Pearl Pen.
You can see the layers a little better in this photo. I lifted the image layer with layers of crimped cs, and popped the "sun" up with a foam dot. 
The inside is blank for plenty of room for personalization.

Did you spot the blooper? Well, the little girl is facing the yellow "sun" die cut, but the shadow under the umbrella would have been cast with the sun a little bit behind her right shoulder. Nit-picky, I know, but ever since my Copic classes, I'm more aware of things like that. C'est la vie, right! :) 

A BIG Happy Mother's Day to all you beautiful mothers out there! 

I'm entering this card in the following challenges:
Sketch Saturday #258
ColourQ Challenge #188
Flourishes Timeless Tuesday #219 (Black Accents--I used black matting)

~Hugs,

Stamps: April Showers (Elisabeth Bell Designs); Sunny Days (Verve); April Showers (Flourishes)
Paper: Tangerine (My Mind's Eye)
Ink: Copics; Distress; Memento; Versafine; white gel pen
Dies: Classic Squares Lg & Sm, Peony (Spellbinders); Dainty Lace Border (MFT Die-namics)
Accessories: Pearl Pen; sewing thread; foam dots
Size: 5.5" sq.
Thanks for visiting my blog!
To have Ink Up delivered to your inbox,
subscribe in the box at the top right of the page.

8 comments :

Conniecrafter said...

she is so sweet, great coloring... I couldn't catch your blooper. Sweet sentiment to go with her!

Sue Lelli said...

Cheryl, she is really sweet and I LOVE the paper you paired her with! I never would have noticed the shadow! WOW! See what you learned!

Jen Mitchell said...

Beautiful! All of the details are amazing! And blooper or not, the image is wonderfully colored! Thanks for joining us at colourQ!

Ryoma Sakamoto.Japan said...

Hello!
Shall It is also a nice card.
So cute.
Color design is also great.
From Japan.
Ryoma Sakamoto.

Leslie Miller said...

Oh, my goodness, this is the cutest image and beautifully colored. We're our own worst critics, aren't we. I wouldn't have noticed the blooper because I was so enchanted by how utterly darling it all looks.

Allison Cope said...

Another stunning Cheryl! I love the colouring of your image - your shadows rock!!! Thanks for playing along with our Timeless Tuesday Challenge again over at Flourishes!
Ally.

Katie Sims said...

I think your image is darling and colored beautifully! I think that maybe you just had a second light source hitting it, right? I'm just sayin'.....lol!

Steph said...

What a fab image and I love how the umbrella comes over the edge of the cutout. Gorgeous papers too. Thanks so much for playing with us at Sketch Saturday this week, hope to see you again soon x