Our Craft Lounge--April Artist of the Month: Your Kindness

Monday, April 16, 2012

Hello Friends! It's Week 3 of my Our Craft Lounge April Artist of the Month gig, and I have a thank you card to share with you today. I made this for my very thoughtful, long-time writer friend, Linda, who recently surprised me with a lovely gift book: Charles Dickens: The Dickens Bicentenary 1812-2012. It's not my birthday, and this wasn't for a special occasion. Linda just knows that Charles Dickens is probably my favorite writer of all time, and he led a fascinating, albeit not always admirable life, that makes for very interesting biography material for me.  :)

So, here's the card:
I embossed the lavender cs with a Polka Dot embossing folder, then sewed all but the upper brown dp and sentiment with my sewing machine. The bronze "pearls" were made using a Pearl Pen. I used Our Craft Lounge's Thankful Flourishes stamp set for the flowers and sentiment. 

The sketch came from Verve's Viva la Verve April 2012 Week 2 Sketch Challenge, which I rotated for a horizontal layout, and the gorgeous color palette was this week's Color Throwdown Challenge 187.












I colored both flowers with Copic markers, then on the small flower used Lemon Drop Yellow Sparkly Fluff in the center. For the larger flower, I first added yellow Liquid Pearls around the perimeter of the center, then, after it dried, I used Sparkly Fluff inside that. I love that you can still see the detail of the stamps through the Sparkly Fluff. After fussy cutting both flowers, I popped the small one up on a tag, and the larger one over the edge of the sentiment.
Here's a look at the inside. I really liked the design on the dp, so I stamped the Thankful sentiment directly on the dp, then added a small piece of white cs for a personal message. The corners of the white cs were punched with an EK Success punch. 

Thanks for stopping by my blog today. If you have a minute, could you visit the Our Craft Lounge blog and leave a little love on my post there, too? ;)

I hope you all have a super wonderful week! 

I will be entering this card in the following challenges:

Big Hugs! 
 
Stamps: Thankful Flourishes (Our Craft Lounge)
Paper: Best of K&Co; Watercolor Bouquet (K&Co); Once Upon a Time (DCWV)
Ink: Memento; Distress Ink; Copics
Dies: Curved Rectangle, Classic Ovals Lg (Spellbinders); Classic Tags Template (Flourishes)
Accessories: Polka Dots embossing folder (Cuttlebug); Morocco Lace Edger Punch (EK Success); ribbon; rhinestones; button; sewing thread; twine (The Twinery); foam dots; Sparkly Fluff (Our Craft Lounge); Liquid Pearls; Pearl Pen
Size: A2 (4.25" x 5.5")
Thanks for visiting my blog!
To have Ink Up delivered to your inbox,
subscribe in the box at the top right of the page.

7 comments :

Audrey Pettit said...

Oh, this is beautiful, Cheryl!! Love the design with the blocked panels and LOVE what you did with that flower!
Charles Dickens is my most absolute favorite writer of all time, too. :)

Carla S. said...

Gorgeous card, Cheryl! You did a fantastic job with the colors and sketch! Love the detail on the flower!

Conniecrafter said...

Lovely, such gorgeous coloring of the flower, love the detail with the fluff and liquid pearls, that little flower tag is too cute too!

Heather Rogers said...

So pretty Cheryl. Love the pretty purple hues. :)

Hugs~

Maria said...

Wow!!! Gorgeous color! Love the design and fabulous flower...great job!

Melissa Craig said...

Gorgeous card - beautiful colors!

Heather said...

A beautiful card Cheryl, a fabulous design and such wonderful colours!!
Thanks so much for joining us with the Simon Says Stamp challenge
hugs
Heather xx