Warm Holiday Wishes

Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Hi Friends! I've got my last card for the Viva la Verve November 2011 Sketch Challenge here today. This is the Week 4 sketch. I woke up feeling lousy, so I wasn't sure I would be able to get it finished in time, but...TaDa!!! I did it!

I tried something a little different on this card. I heat embossed the ornaments in a Chocolate Brown on glossy photo paper, then used small sponge daubers to color them with Distress Inks (Aged Mahogony, Forest Moss, and Crushed Olive). When I was done, I heat embossed them again to make the lines show up better. The ornaments looked good when I was finished, but I decided I wanted a little more shine on them, so I coated them with Glossy Accents. You can see just a touch of gold Stickles at the top of one of the ornaments where the hanger is. Both ornaments are from the same Flourishes stamp, but the embossing powder didn't adhere to the paper evenly so they aren't exactly alike. I popped up one of the ornaments with foam dots. You can see the dimension in the photo at the top of the post.

The "Warm Holiday Wishes" sentiment is embossed with red glitter, and "Joy" is stamped on the red panel with Versamark ink.

With all the eye candy on the outside of the card, I decided to keep the inside super simple. The sentiment on the dp strip is heat embossed in red glitter, and the "Merry Christmas" sentiment is stamped in Aged Mahogany Distress Ink on kraft cs.


And, I'm done for the day!

Thanks for all the wonderful comments you've been leaving on my blog lately! Now, I'm off to see what you've been up to and I'll be leaving some love out your way, too!

~Hugs,  
 
Stamps: Warm Holiday Wishes (Inkadinkadoo); Holiday Sparkle, Holiday Greetings (Flourishes)
Paper: Glad Tidings (K&C0)
Ink: Tim Holtz Distress Ink; Stampabilities; Colorbox
Dies: Parisian Motifs, Labels Sixteen, Nested Lacey Pennants (Spellbinders)
Accessories: Dots, Circles & Stars embossing folder (Sizzix); embossing powder (Zing); glitter embossing powder (Ranger); seam binding-dyed with reinker (Hug Snug); rhinestones; Glossy Accents; Pearl Pen; Stickles
Size: A2 (4.25" x 5.5")
Thanks for visiting my blog!
To have Ink Up delivered to your inbox,
subscribe in the box at the top right of the page.

4 comments :

Gerry said...

Cheryl, I love the distressed look of the ornaments. Great card.

Maria said...

Oh, those Christmas bulbs turned out very well, Cheryl...love them! A very pretty Christmas card...great job!

Shirley said...

This is just gorgeous!!! The colors are so rich and vibrant! Your bow treatment is perfect for it too!

Shannon White said...

What a Wonderful Christmas card Miss Cheryl! I just love the Reich colors and Fab ornaments and dp's too! so Pretty! 8-)

Hugs
Shannon