BOO!

Sunday, September 18, 2011

Good Sunday morning! I hope you've had a fabulous weekend! We went with friends to see the new Spy Kids movie and it was so funny! I'd see it again just for the dog, Argonaut. Mutts tend to be so adorable--especially one with a sardonic sense of humor. ;D

But, on to my card....

I am loving Flourishes' Witching You a Happy Halloween stamp set. The images have great detail and are a little more sophisticated than a lot of Halloween images. Not that I don't like cute Halloween--I do--I just don't seem to "do" cute very well, myself. I have more of a Flannery O'Connor-esque mindset.

For this card, I used the Taylored Expressions Sketch Challenge #146, turning it on it's side. This card is only 4-1/4" square, so I didn't have much room to work with in those three little squares, so I decided to stamp my images on one strip of cardstock, then cut the squares and see what happened. I like the witch's boot and stocking being split up. Can you tell that the witch's boot has a red heel? I was thinking that a witch might like fashion just as much as the next girl, so I gave her a red heel, à la Christian Louboutin's red-soled shoes. I've always wondered if people really walk in those shoes or if they just sit around with their legs crossed so you can tell they've spent a fortune on their feet. Have you ever noticed on tv or in a movie that the soles never have one single scratch on them???  ;)

The Crazy 4 Challenges theme challenge this week (C4C105) is to create a card or project with a pumpkin on it in some form, hence the pumpkin in the top square and the pumpkin dp strip behind the squares.

I dyed the seam binding with Forest Moss reinker and spritzed the flower with Heirloom Gold Perfect Pearls Mist to give it a dingy look. The rhinestones started out gold and I colored them with a Copic marker.



Thinking of Halloween, I am suddenly reminded that my daughter wants to go as Pandora for Halloween this year. I'd better get busy on that. She's going to need a box for all those evils!

Thanks for stopping by today! Have a great week!!!
 
Stamps: Witching You a Happy Halloween (Flourishes)
Paper: Midnight Magic (Recollections); Faith Paper Pack (Paper Studio) 
Ink: Memento; Copic Markers, Tim Holtz Distress Ink and Reinker
Accessories: Binding Edge Edger (EK Success); seam binding (Hug Snug); rhinestones; flower (Recollections); sewing thread, foam dots
Size: 4-1/4" square
Thanks for visiting my blog!
To have Ink Up delivered to your inbox,

subscribe in the box at the top right of the page.

1 comment :

Maria said...

What a fun spooky card for Halloween! Love the pumpkin! And separate sock and shoe...too cute! Great ribbon treatment and flower finishes off your beautiful card...LOVE IT!!! Take care!!:-))