Heartfelt Wishes & BIG News!

Saturday, October 1, 2011


Hi Blog Friends! Let me just start right in with my BIG News! I'm on my First Design Team! I'm now officially on the 2011-2012 PPRS Design Team as a Guest Designer! I'm super excited and can't wait to design my first card with their beautiful stamps! Congrats to all the Design Team members, and thanks, Nicole, for giving me the opportunity to work with such a talented group of designers. Be sure to stop by each of their blogs to say hi, and to see their beautiful creations!

2011-2012 PPRS Design Team:

Amy
Cheryl (That's Me!)

My card today is one I made a few months ago, but had left blank inside. My mother needed a wedding card for my cousin's upcoming wedding, and this particular one is perfect, as they are using sunflowers and rich fall colors in the wedding.

To make this card, I embossed the chandelier on vellum and sponged Wild Honey Distress Ink on the raised areas on the back. Then I turned it over and sponged Crushed Olive Distress Ink on the raised areas of the front. I glued the vellum to white cardstock, then cut it in an oval shape with my Curvy Cutter (This was before I owned very many Spellbinders dies). I added yellow Stickles to the lights of the chandelier and clear Stickles to the chandelier crystals. I sponged pumice stone around the edge of the oval.


I randomly stamped a distressing stamp over the entire bottom panel, then scored the cardstock every half inch. I folded on the score lines and sponged each folded edge with Wild Honey Distress Ink.






For the inside of the card, I typed the bride and groom's names in Word, printed on a transparency, then rubbed it onto the cardstock (thank goodness for homemade rub-ons!). I then used a fancy flourish under that, and a sentiment in the opposite corner, along with a wedding ring stamp.




There are two little flowers in the flourish, in which I placed a tiny dot of gold Stickles, and I also used gold Stickles on the wedding rings. I didn't try to completely fill in the rings--just wanted some sparkle.



And, that's all there was to it. ;)

I hope you have a wonderful weekend, and be sure to come back again, soon. I'll have lots of Prickley Pear stamps to show you, and I'll also have even MORE exciting news to share with you next weekend!

Thanks for visiting!
 
Stamps: Wedding (Inkadinkadoo); Distressing (Glitz); All Occasion Messages (Hero Arts)
Paper: Vellum (The Paper Co.); Darice
Ink: Tim Holtz Distress Ink; Memento
Dies: Lattice Border, Blossom Two (Spellbinders)
Accessories: Arch Lattice Edge Punch (Martha Stewart); Love is in the Air embossing folder (Cuttlebug); Organic Borders embossing folders (Cuttlebug); Curvy Cutter (EK Success); craft knife; Corner Chomper; scoreboard (Martha Stewart); rhinestones; sewing thread; twine (The Twinery); Stickles; Perfect Pearls Mist; foam dots; computer (for personalization)
Size: 6" square
Thanks for visiting my blog!
To have Ink Up delivered to your inbox,
subscribe in the box at the top right of the page.


17 comments :

Heather Rogers said...

Woohoo! You go girl! I am so happy for you....you totally deserve it. :)
Hugs~

Maria said...

Congrats on making the Prickley Pear Design Team!!! Sounds so exciting! The wedding card for your cousin is very lovely with gorgeous embossing. Fabulous color and great touch with the stickles! Take care!!:))

Davi said...

Congrats Cheryl!! Your card is beautiful! Love what you did with the chandelier. Im sure your cousin will be thrilled with such a wonderful card :)

Mona Pendleton said...

Congrats on your latest honors Cheryl! So well deserved! This card is gorgeous! Lovin' all the texture and shimmery jewels!

TesaB said...

Welcome to the team, Chery! Love your work and I can't wait to see what you'll come up with!!!

Shannon White said...

Hurray! Congrats Miss Cheryl! So Happy for you! 8-) They obviously have excellent taste! Your creations are s Gorgeous! This card included! love the Beautiful Fall colors and all the lovely texture and sparkle! 8-)

Hope you are having a Fabulous Weekend!

Big Hugs to you My friend!
Shannon

Jeanne J. said...

Cheryl Congrats! Your work is beautiful - your a great addition to the design team! I look forward to seeing more from you!

Kristii said...

Whooo hooo! Congratulations!!! Your work is absolutely amazing!! I'm looking so forward to working with you at PPRS!!!!

Patrice said...

Congrats on making the design team - lovely card...

Angelica Turner said...

Welcom to the team Cheryl, your work is amazing. Gorgeous card.

Ujjwal said...

Your work is so fabulous! I am looking forward to working with you on the PPRS team

Donna Heber said...

Hi Cheryl,

Congrats! I'm not surprised as your cards are exquisite. I saw your comment on my blog about your cousin. She is in my prayers and will need your support during this difficult time. I was diagnosed three years ago.

Audrey Pettit said...

Hey Cheryl!! Congrats on the PPRS guest designer spot! I'm so looking forward to working with you! :) Your card is just amazing. Love the colors and love the embossing. the chandelier is fabulous!

Leslie Miller said...

Good heavens, your card is gorgeous, and what an interesting technique for achieving that fabulous look! This is so beautifully put together. Bravo! Congrats on your first DT position. Enjoy!

Bernie said...

Congrats on making the Prickley Pear Design Team!!! They are lucky to have you!
Fantastic card!
Blessings Bernie

Debbie said...

Congrats & I love them
ALL.You are very creative and this shows off your many talents.

Theresa said...

Cheryl, congrats on your design spot!! You totally deserve this. Your card is absolutely gorgeous. You do fall so well. I love the embossing on the top of the of the card. The gate cut is gorgeous and the image has been done so totally beyond words. FANTASTIC my friend!!