Ghostly Boo!: Bag Topper

Thursday, October 20, 2011

Hi there! It looks like these bag toppers are addictive for me! Here's another set:

I'll be entering this in Flourishes' Timeless Tuesday challenge #140, just like the previous two sets, and also the Crazy 4 Challenges C4C109 challenge, to create something for an upcoming holiday and to incorporate heat embossing in your creation.
For this topper, I mixed up Mod Podge with white glitter and painted it on the ghost. You can see the sparkle pretty good in this photo:

After it dried, I used black Enamel Accents on the eyes to make them pop a little. I colored the shoes and legs with Copics. For the "Boo!" I stamped it in white Colorbox ink, then heat embossed it with white embossing powder. Maybe a little overkill, but I wanted to make sure it showed up good on the black paper. As you can see, I used my new Scary Fence punch again. That little fence is so cute!

This bag topper was pretty easy...or maybe I'm just getting the hang of it, now. ;)

My DD wants me to make one more set for a few more friends, so you may be seeing me again soon, with a last set (I promise!), unless I take the easy way out and just make a few more of these easy ghostly toppers. :)

Before you go, check out my new blinking badge in my sidebar. I won the Tuesday Morning Sketches judged challenge #115 last week for my Paisley Hope card! TMS is a fun challenge, their sketches are awesome, and the DT is super inspirational. See for yourself here!

I appreciate your visit. Come again soon, and have a fantastic day!!!

Stamps: Michaels
Ink: Memento, Tim Holtz Distress Ink; Colorbox; Copic markers 
Dies: Big Scalloped Circles Sm (Spellbinders)
Accessories: Scary Fence punch (Martha Stewart); white embossing powder (Zing); Enamel Accents (Inkssentials); Mod Podge: glitter; foam dots
Size: 4-1/4" x 4" (4-1/4" x 2" when folded)
Thanks for visiting my blog!
To have Ink Up delivered to your inbox,
subscribe in the box at the top right of the page.

11 comments :

Jenn Borjeson said...

Oh my gosh, these are so cute! :)
Thank you for your comment on my blog - regarding the Dark Tower books, I wanted to tell you that if you get through the first book or two, you will be hooked! The first book is hard to really get "into" - but by the 3rd or 4th book, you will not be able to put it down! :) xo

Patrice said...

What an inspiring idea!

Bernie said...

Congratulations! Your Hope card is beautiful!
Love all your toppers! Such fun and Oh SO cute!
Blessings Bernie

Monika/Buzsy said...

These are fabulous Cheryl. Love the fence, the cute ghost... perfect colors. :o)

Gerry said...

Cute toppers. I have the same stamp and just love it...he's so cut!!

Heather Rogers said...

You have been one busy bee. I love the bag toppers. :)
Hugs~

Maria said...

Very CUTE Halloween bag toppers! Great job, take care!!:-))

Shannon White said...

Goodness you have been a busy Lady! 8-) These are soo Darned Cute too! Just Love all your Darling Halloween bag toppers Miss Cheryl 8-)

Hugs
Shannon

Leslie Miller said...

Oh, these are cute! I love the little ghost, and the way you've put him in the scalloped oval makes him look even more ghostly! Darling!

Sue Lelli said...

LOVE the glittery ghost and the fence and the Graphic BOO! FAB candy topper!

Silke Ledlow said...

Girl, you are on fire with these super cute toppers! Love the ghost!