Christmas Snow

Saturday, October 22, 2011

Hi Friends! Well, I have to tell you, it's been so nice to make this card I have to share with you. It was a fun card, and I love the way it turned out, but best of all..it's NOT a bag topper!!! Yippee!

I used the Tuesday Morning Sketch #116, designed by my sweet friend, Theresa, and it is a fabulous sketch. I love that wide panel down the center of the card. I opted to use shapes other than squares and rectangles, added ribbon down the center, and a few pearls, but other than that, I stuck with the sketch. Because there are two sponsors this week, there will be two drawings, so if you haven't entered yet, get busy! You have until tomorrow night (Sunday) at 8PM EST to get your entry in. Oh, and don't forget to add some pink in there somewhere, for Breast Cancer Awareness Month!

Here's a close up of the blue embossed layer. I started with a blue cs, embossed it with a Paper Lace II embossing folder, brushed a thin layer of white acrylic paint over it, then mixed Mod Podge and purple glitter and brushed that over the white paint. I think it turned out really pretty.

 
Those snowflakes in the top center panel gave me a bit of trouble. I really wanted to stamp them with glue, then sprinkle glitter on, but I tried several times, and all I ever got were blobs of glitter--no detail. So, I finally gave up on that route and heat embossed the snowflakes with white embossing powder, then used Stickles to add a little glitter.


 
I colored the little snowman with Copics, making his scarf pink for Breast Cancer Awareness, then used a Snow Marker to create puffy snow.








Here's a look at the inside.
I think that's it for me today. I'll have another post for you around midnight for the new CR84FN Color Challenge and I think you're going to really like it, so be sure to check back in tomorrow to see how I used the inspiration photo and colors.

Thanks for stopping by, and have a nice evening!
 
Stamps: Christmas Characters (Inkadinkadoo)
Paper: Best of K&Co; Love Nest (My Mind's Eye)
Ink: Tim Holtz Distress Ink; Memento; Staz-on; Copic Markers
Dies: Beaded Circles; Labels Four (Spellbinders)
Accessories: Scallop Dot Edge Punch (Martha Stewart); Paper Lace II embossing folder (Cuttlebug); embossing powder (Zing); organza ribbon (Berwick); velvet ribbon (Fancy Pants Designs); acrylic paint (Ceramcoat); Mod Podge; Snow Marker (Marvy); Enamel Accents (Inkssentials); glitter (Martha Stewart); Corner Chomper; pearls; foam dots
Size: A2 (4.25" x 5.5")
Thanks for visiting my blog!
To have Ink Up delivered to your inbox,
subscribe in the box at the top right of the page.

8 comments :

Heather Rogers said...

So cute Cheryl. I love that darling snowman. :)
Hugs~

Maria said...

A very cute snowman! Great design and color! And, love the embossed snowflakes with touch of glitter...great job!

Gerry said...

Super cute.....love the snowman

Melissa Craig said...

Absolutely darling! I'm such a sucker for snowmen. Love it. Thanks for joining us at Tuesday Morning Sketches.

Theresa said...

Cheryl, love your card~~that snowman is so cute. I love how you interpreted the sketch. Thanks for your kind comments. I love that you have joined us at Tuesday Morning Sketches.

Angela said...

This is lovely...I also love the clever way you have added the pink! Thanks for playing along with us at Tuesday Morning Sketches!

JenMarie said...

Oh how cute is this! Thank you for your comment on my pear card on SCS!
Yep, now in GA...love it here! ...originally from Louisiana, then to Illinois for seven years, now in Marietta!

Shirley said...

Totally too too cute in every way! Love your snowman!!