On Its Way!

Friday, October 28, 2011


Happy Friday, Friends! I hope you have a fun weekend planned. We'll probably go to the annual fall festival at my DD's school. I was afraid I'd be spending this weekend in a frantic rush to finish her Halloween costume (Pandora), but I finally finished the box last night, so I can rest easy on that one. In a few days I'll post a photo of her in costume. It turned out cute.

For now, I've got another Christmas card to share with you. This one is for two challenges: Tuesday Morning Sketches #117 (the last week of their think pink challenge), and Lily Pad's Texture Challenge. Here's my card:

This card definitely has some texture going on. LOL! In fact, it has a little bit of everything: stamping, embossing, glitter (both Stickles and homemade Mod Podge glitter glue), die cuts, sewing, ribbon, a button, and paper piercing--not to mention some pretty wild colors for a Christmas card. One thing that is missing is Distress Ink. I very seldom make a card without at least sponging an edge or two, but I refrained this time. I wanted the card to be crisp and vivid. 
I did use my Copic airbrush system for the inside. I left the die in the paper (at the bottom where the Stickles dots are) and sprayed a light blue color just along the bottom and lower sides to coordinate it a little better with all that is going on on the front of the card.

And, that's it for today. Thanks for stopping by, and have a wonderful weekend!
 
 
Stamps: Warm Holiday Wishes (Inkadinkadoo); Distressing stamp (Glitz)
Paper: 12 Days of Chriatmas (My Mind's Eye)
Ink: Colorbox; Copic marker
Dies: Holly Accents, Classic Ric Rac Edgeabilities, Labels Fourteen, Labels Sixteen, Std Circles Lg (Spellbinders)
Accessories: Paper Lace II embossing folder, Polka Dot embossing folder (Cuttlebug); gold opaque paint marker (Marvy); ribbon (Michaels); glitter (Martha Stewart); Stickles; Enamel Accents (Inkssentials); sewing thread; Mod Podge; victorian mini button (Dress It Up); paper piercer
Size: A2 (4.25" x 5.5")
Thanks for visiting my blog!
To have Ink Up delivered to your inbox,
subscribe in the box at the top right of the page.

5 comments :

Maria said...

Wow!!! Fabulous bright color and amazing texture! So many goodies on your card! It's beautiful inside and out! Take care and have a great weekend!!:-))

Angela said...

Really pretty...love the mix of patterns and the stitching! Thanks for playing along with us at Tuesday Morning Sketches!

Shirley said...

What really bright and cheerful card! The fun part is all of the different colors, just like Christmas, and the way you did your DP, BG, and the glitzy parts, as well as your great brad too!

Melissa Craig said...

Oh my goodness - this is FABULOUS! Thanks for joining us at Tuesday Morning Sketches.

Theresa said...

Cheryl, this is totally AW-MAZING!! OMG look at all the texture and the cuts and colors. It's fantastic. Great work my friend. Thanks for joining us at Tuesday Morning Sketches.