Paisley Hope

Sunday, October 16, 2011

 Hello Friends! I hope you are having a wonderful weekend. My DD and I saw Dolphin Tale yesterday, and, Wow!, what a great movie! Makes me want to head down to Clearwater and see Winter in person! The card I want to share with you today fits the theme of that movie--Hope.

The layout I'm using is the Tuesday Morning Sketch #115. This week, they have an inspiration photo of a beautiful paisley tote to go along with the sketch, and for the entire month, you have to use pink somewhere on your card.



 






Heart Song Inspirations also has a challenge this week to use die cuts and/or a sponged background on your card, so I used a Spellbinders Lacy Square as my sentiment panel.

The papers, from the Best of K&Co stack, were perfect for the TMS inspiration photo. I love the muted colors. To pop up the sentiment layers, I ran scrap cardstock through my paper crimper, cut two squares from it, then glued them together with the crimps running vertically on one square and horizontally on the other. I love doing that when I have something fairly large that I want to pop up. It's really sturdy and lifts it just enough to add dimension, but not so much that you can see underneath it. The metal and rhinestone flower is a brad from Michaels. I found it in a set of metal embellishments at Michaels in their Christmas section. The rhinestones were clear, so I colored them with a Copic marker.

Close ups of the flowers, which I distressed a little with Distress Ink, and the layered scalloped edge borders embellished with Liquid Pearl dots.















 





On the inside of the card, I used a sentiment from the Verve Stamps Words of Wisdom set, and rounded the corners of the pink cs with my Corner Chomper.

And, that's it for now. Thanks for stopping by, and enjoy the rest of your weekend!

~Hugs,
 
Stamps: Hope (Quietfire); Words of Wisdom (Verve)
Paper: Best of K&Co
Ink: Tim Holtz Distress Ink; Staz-On; Inkssentials clear embossing ink
Dies: Lacy Squares (Spellbinders)
Accessories: Diamond Lace Edge Punch (EK Success); Tim Holtz Distress Embossing Powder; Metal & Rhinestone flower-colored with a Copic marker (Michaels); Corner Chomper; flowers (Recollections); Liquid Pearls
Size: A2 (4.25" x 5.5")
Thanks for visiting my blog!
To have Ink Up delivered to your inbox,
subscribe in the box at the top right of the page.

16 comments :

Anonymous said...

Your card is absolutely beautiful! All those wonderful details, those embellished scallops and distressed edges, I love it!

Marie said...

Lovely card, Cheryl. You put a lot of extra details on this card. Love the distressed paper and shading. Thanks for playing along at Tuesday Morning Sketches.

Jessica G. said...

Gorgeous card and the DP is the perfect spin on the inspiration photo!

Thanks for joining us this week at Tuesday Morning Sketch Challenges and hope to see you again next week!!

Melissa Craig said...

Oh my goodness - this is perfect!! Thanks for joining us at Tuesday Morning Sketches.

Pauline said...

Just beautiful Cheryl, I love the paisly DP, and the added liquid pearls are so pretty. Love the metal flower too, all beautifully distressed.

Kristii said...

Wow!!! Absolutely gorgeous!! Love the papers you used and the liquid pearls are the perfect touch!!

Mona Pendleton said...

Very pretty card Cheryl! That paper matches PERFECTLY and love the scalloped trim!

Designing with Debbie said...

Gorgeous card. Beautiful color pallet. Great job. Thanks for joining the Heart Song challenge this week. Hope to see you again next week.
Debbie HSI DT

Marianne said...

Congrats on being picked as the winner over at TMS. After seeing your card I was so surprised they did not pick you for their top 5 until I realised it was a judged challenged and they hand-picked you as the winner. So well-deserved! Your card is absolutely gorgeous.

JenMarie said...

This is GORGEOUS!!

Auntie Em said...

A beautiful card. I love the Liquid Pearls in the scallops.
Thanks for sharing! :)

Audrey Pettit said...

SO very, very pretty, Cheryl!

Maria said...

Gorgeous card! Such lovely color and design...so so pretty! Have a great weekend, take care!!:-))

Shannon White said...

Pretty Pretty Miss Cheryl Your dp's are just perfect for the inspiration too1 Love this! 8-)

Hugs
Shannon

Basement Stamper said...

love these colors together but I love that sentiment!

Shirley said...

What an inspiring card! The colors are so bright and full of energy and yet so feminine too! Love every detail, including those awesome and creative flowers!