PPRS October 2011 Sketch Challenge - Jingle Bells

Saturday, October 15, 2011

Hi there, Friends! Can you believe we're already halfway through October! I need to get moving for Halloween. My DD wants to be the Greek goddess, Pandora, this year (we use the same costume for book character day at her school every year, so at Halloween she's always a character from literature), and I'm having to wing it for the costume, so I've been putting it off to try to figure out how best to make it. Too bad she can't go as a card! I think I could handle that just fine!

And, speaking of cards, being the middle of the month, it's time for the Prickley Pear Rubber Stamp Sketch Challenge, and the October sketch is a fun one!

The rules are simple:
  • Make a card based on this month’s sketch.
  • Use your Prickley Pear product/s
  • Link it up using the linking tool on the PPRS blog, no later than October 31
One winner will be chosen by random.org and the prize is a Clear Stamp Set with coordinated Die of the winner’s choice!

Here's my take on this month's sketch: 
The Jingle Bells dp, matted with a dark brown cs and popped up with foam dots, is from Bo Bunny's Father Christmas Collection, and holly leaves with music notes on them were exactly what it needed. They're from the PPRS Holly and Berries clear stamp set and I used the coordinating Holly and Berries die to cut them out. With Copics, I colored two partridge images, from the same Holly and Berries stamp set, and fussy cut them, using just the wing and tail of one image to pop up with foam dots. I used these colors:




You can see the texture and dimension on the card a little better in these photos.


I liked this card so much when it was finished, I decided to make another one, with just a couple of changes. Instead of the button and red linen thread bow with bells, on this one I strung two bells on a piece of household twine that I then strung that across the Jingle Bell paper.


I used a darker red ink for the holly berries.

And, for this one, I matted a white Curved Rectangle die cut with a larger, dark green one, and stamped a Taylored Expressions sentiment inside.


So, why don't you head over to the Prickley Pear Rubber Stamps blog now and see what the rest of the Design Team has created. Hope you're inspired to play with us, and can't wait to see what you create!

Thanks for stopping by! Have a fantastic, crafty day!!!  
 
Stamps: Holly and Berries Clear Stamps (Prickley Pear Rubber Stamps)-1st card; Sparkle & Cheer (Taylored Expressions)-2nd card
Paper: Father Christmas Collection (Bo Bunny)
Ink: Copic markers; Tim Holtz Distress Ink; Colorbox; Memento
Dies: Holly and Berries (PPRS); Curved Rectangle (Spellbinders)
Accessories: Diamonds in Diamonds embossing folder (Sizzix); waxed linen thread (1st card); household twine (2nd card); jingle bells; button; foam dots
Size: A2 (4.25" x 5.5")
Thanks for visiting my blog!
To have Ink Up delivered to your inbox,
subscribe in the box at the top right of the page.


9 comments :

TesaB said...

Ohhhh, totally FAB card, Cheryl!!!! Love the use of the stamp set and dies. LOVE it!

Audrey Pettit said...

Beautiful card, Cheryl! Love the classic holiday color scheme and love the papers you used. The embossing on the red paper adds so much detail, and what fantastic stamping. Love your coloring job on that partridge. The dimension on the wing and tail are fabulous. LOVE this!

Heather Rogers said...

So pretty Cheryl. I love the darling little bird and Holly leaves. :)

Barbara A. said...

Wow Cheryl....beautiful card!! I love the first one you made....the red button with the little bells on it!

Theresa said...

WOW Cheryl, this is gorgeous. That bird is fabulous - look at the coloring. Love the DP and the holly leaves. It's simply gorgeous.

Kristii said...

What a pretty card!!! Love the bells and the holly leaves are the perfect touch!!

Deborah Frings said...

Cheryl - this is lovely - I do like the partridge and holly leaves. Love the jingle bells too!

Bernie said...

They are fantatic! I love the musical leaves!
Blessings Bernie

Maria said...

Gorgeous Christmas card, Cheryl! Love the bells, birds, and leaves...great job!