CR84FN40 -- Joy!

Saturday, October 8, 2011


Hi Friends! I hope you're having a nice, cool, fall weekend, and maybe even getting in a little crafting time. I've been eagerly awaiting today so that I could finally tell you my latest happy news! I'm the Guest Designer for the CR84FN Color Challenge for the month of October! Whoo Hoo! When I got Mona's invitation I was beyond thrilled, as I already loved participating in CR84FN's challenges. Mona always has the most beautiful color combinations and her super-talented Design Team consistently creates beautiful, inspirational projects to spark your personal creativity. Thanks, Mona. I'm looking forward to a fabulous, colorful month with CR84FN!

So, without further ado, here is my take on this week's CR84FN color challenge of red, brown, and kraft.

If you've been around my blog at all, you probably already know that I adore distressing paper, and the challenge colors this week are perfect for shredding and inking! I used both Vintage Photo and Black Soot Distress Inks on the edges. On the lower panel, I used the Dots, Circles & Stars embossing folder, then swiped white acrylic paint across the raised areas to give them just a little extra definition before distressing the edges. The dots on the Lotus pendant behind the sentiment panel are Liquid Pearls and the black dots on the Parisian motif are Enamel Accents. The Joy stamp was another dollar bin find at Michael's. I stamped it in Aged Mahogany Distress Ink and added teeny little red rhinestones to the tip of each flourish.


I dyed red seam binding with Aged Mahogany Distress Ink reinker and sponged that same color on the edges of the poinsettia petals (McGill Paper Blossoms punches) before I assembled the flower. The beads in the center were a pearl white color. I colored them with a yellow Copic marker.








Here's another angle so you can see the layers a little better.












The bg paper on the inside came about as an afterthought. When I was dying the seam binding, I accidentally spilled reinker on my craft mat--more than I needed to dye the seam binding, so I grabbed a piece of cardstock and blotted it up. As I was drying the seam binding with my heat gun, I also kept blotting the extra ink with that same piece of cardstock. When I was finished, I really liked the way the cs looked, but it still needed a little something else, so I used Vintage Photo ink and a Hero Arts background stamp to add a design to it. I inked the edges with Vintage Photo, and...tada!


You can just barely see it in the photo, but there is a small watermark design directly behind the "Peace Hope Love" sentiment, and I inked and pierced the edges of the Labels Thirteen die cut while the paper was still in the die.

Now that you've seen my card, be sure to feast your eyes on the rest of the Design Team's inspiring creations, and then head over to the CR84FN40 Color Challenge for details on the challenge and play along with us!  
Lisa  

I can't wait to see YOUR fabulous creation!

Thanks for visiting, and come back soon!

 
Stamps: Joy (Michael's); Holiday Greetings (Flourishes); Dots & Flowers (Hero Arts); Studio 112
Paper: Timepiece Collection (Bo Bunny)
Ink: Tim Holtz Distress Ink; Versamark; Copic markers
Dies: Labels Thirteen, Parisian Motifs, Lotus Pendant (Spellbinders)
Accessories: Alpine Snowflake punch, Star Lily punch (McGill Paper Blossoms punches); stylus; Dots, Circles, & Stars embossing folder (Sizzix); seam binding dyed with Distress reinker (Hug Snug); Enamel Accents (Inkssentials); acrylic paint (Ceramcoat); paper piercing tool; rhinestones; sewing thread; beads; Liquid Pearls; Glossy Accents; Perfect Pearls Mist; foam dots
Size: A2 (4.25" x 5.5")
Thanks for visiting my blog!
To have Ink Up delivered to your inbox,
subscribe in the box at the top right of the page.

22 comments :

Mona Pendleton said...

WOWZERS Cheryl! Your card is stunning! Love all the layers and that Poinsettia is gorgeous! Thank you so much for sharing your talent with CR84FN :) It's our pleasure to have you as our Guest :)

Pauline said...

Wow!! What a fabulous card, so much hard work and love has gone into this beauty! Love the distressing and the piercing on the label, the poinsettia is gorgeous and the bg paper is so festive! A wonderful Christmas card!

Deborah Frings said...

Cheryl - welcome!! What a stunning Christmas card - I love the pearl details on the lotus pendant, and the sweet little gems on the sentiment. The inside is as good as the outside! Lovely!

Shannon White said...

Wowzers Miss Cheryl! This is just Gorgeous! Love all the Pretty layered die cuts! So perfect together! Your dp's are just Wonderful and I Love your Beautiful Poinsettia too! And a big Huge Congrats to you Lady on your GD spot at CR84FN! So well deserved! Yay! 8-)

Hope you are having a Spectacular weekend!

Big Hugs
Shannon

Suzanne C said...

Welcome.... So glad to have you guest designing with us this month. Beautiful papers and design. Love the distressing and sponging! Some of my favorite things too! Lovely card and fabulous details!

NikkiM said...

Truly beautiful!! You know, some cards, (even for me a card maker) are keepers and some I keep until next year and then make room for more. THIS card is so beautiful I'd keep it year after year! Awesome style ;)

BTW, have you heard of pinterest.com, check it out, and you'll love/hate me for it tee hee!

Lisa Somerville said...

Stunning use of this weeks colors, love all the added dimension and texture! Glad to have you guest designing with use this month!

Heather Rogers said...

Absolutely stunning Cheryl. I love all your distressing. The big Poinsettia is so pretty on the side of your sentiment. I am happy you are guest DT this month. :)
Hugs~

Unknown said...

Lovely! Lovely! Lovely! I so like the flower its stunning.Hugs Vee x

igła i nitka said...

This is a really nice colour combination! I like very much this distressed paper. Lovely!

Sue Lelli said...

Cheryl, Whoo! Hoo! So EXCITED to have YOU as Guest Designer for October! LOVE your layers and distressing on this GORGEOUS card! ~ inside AND out! LOVE all of the details and your FAB McGill flower!

Theresa said...

Cheryl, congrats!! You are AMAZING and this is just the beginning of all the companies that will want you on their DT. This card is drop dead gorgeous lady. Wow the colors are stunning and the poinsetta is beautiful. Again, congrats on your guest spot.

Bernie said...

This is stunning! I just picked up that Joy stamp now I have an idea how to use it. Thanks!
Blessings Bernie

Melissa said...

Wow! This card is stunning! I always love your attention to detail and I love the distressing too! Thanks for inspiring us all!

Unknown said...

Gorgeous card, Cheryl! Love the poinsettia, distressing and rich colors! So glad to have you join us at GD this month!

Jeanne J. said...

Hi Cheryl! I love the poinsettia and the little gems on the sentiment. Very pretty!

Andrea M said...

OMG!!! This card is truly STUNNING!!! Cheryl, what an AMAZING take on the challenge colors!!! The inside is just as beautiful as the outside!!!

Andrea M said...

I also meant to say what a great pleasure it is to have you as a guest DT this month! YAY!

Marybeth said...

So elegant and beautiful with all the deep rich reds, love it!

Lisa Elton said...

Big hugs and congrats on your guest designer spot Cheryl! So happy to see your work here at CR84FN. I just love the deep rich warm colors on this card. Great story of your paper creation too. It's always fun to turn a boo boo into something pretty!!!

Marie said...

Beautiful distressed card, Cheryl. Love the deep rich colors. Congrats on GD. Your creations are awesome.

Barb Turpin said...

Amazing card! Love everything about it, and the stamp is gorgeous too!