CR84FN41, Week 2: Birdcage Birthday

Saturday, October 29, 2011

Hello Friends! I can't believe how fast this month has come and gone, and that this is my last post as the October Guest Designer for CR84FN Color Challenge. I have had so much fun being a part of this amazing team, creating cards based on Mona's beautiful color palettes, and seeing and commenting on all the spectacular entries in the challenges. Wow, you guys are talented! A huge THANK YOU to Mona and the entire DT at CR84FN Color Challenge for inviting me to play along and for giving me such a warm welcome. Ladies, it has been an honor and a pleasure! :D 


We are in Week 2 of the fabulous CR84FN41 colors of steel blue, gray, and yellow, and for this week's card, I used the Viva La Verve October 2011 Week 4 sketch.

I made this card for a good friend whose birthday is coming up soon. I went with a typewriter image because we met about seven years ago in a writer's workshop, and our friendship initially grew out of our love of creative writing. Does the Beaded Circle die cut look like a typewriter daisy wheel to you? Do you even know what a daisy wheel is, or have I seriously dated myself here??? LOL! I've included a photo, for those of you who were born post-typewriter days. Wow, I remember thinking how cool it was to be able to change fonts and font sizes by just snapping one of these babies in. It was the wave of the future!

Anyway, I thought the die cut did resemble a daisy wheel, so I stamped letters on each of the "petals." The paper in the typewriter was paper pieced and only glued at the bottom edge of the paper. This particular stamp has the words "Old School" showing on the paper in the typewriter, but I masked that out and used my Word program to create the Happy Birthday sentiment.

I colored the teeny little heart on the typewriter image with a red Copic and covered that with Glossy Accents. I like that one tiny touch of red on the card! :)

I love that itty bitty blue bird on the birdcage. It's from Verve's Making a Statement stamp set. I stamped her on dp, fussy cut, and added a drop of yellow Liquid Pearls to her beak. There is another, smaller one, on the inside of the card.

Inside the card, grey cs is embossed with the same Paper Lace II embossing folder and I sponged Mustard Seed and Tea Dye inks around the edges of the "friends" panel, before stamping the sentiment and adhering the little bird.

So, now that you've seen my take on this gorgeous color combo, check out the rest of the design team's awesome creations, then show off your style by playing along with us at CR84FN41 Color Challenge!
Lisa  

Thanks for stopping by, and have a fantastic, colorful day!

 
Stamps: Making a Statement (Verve); Objects (Heidi Grace Designs); Alphabet (Studio G)
Paper: Stella & Rose (My Mind's Eye); Happily Lost (Lily Bee Designs)
Ink: Tim Holtz Distress Ink; Staz-on; Copic markers
Dies: Beaded Circles; Large Labels (Spellbinders)
Accessories: Paper Lace II embossing folder (Cuttlebug); lace (Joann's); seam binding-dyed with reinker (Hug Snug); sewing thread; flower (Recollections); Mini Round Gems (Recollections); Stickles; Liquid Pearls; Foam Dots
Size: A2 (4.25" x 5.5")
Thanks for visiting my blog!
To have Ink Up delivered to your inbox,
subscribe in the box at the top right of the page.


14 comments :

Mona Pendleton said...

Such a beautiful card Cheryl! That little bird is darling and love all the detail! Those dew drops add a nice touch! Thank you very much for joining us at CR84FN and sharing your amazing talent with us :)

Deborah Frings said...

Oh Cheryl - this is just wonderful, full of so many gorgeous details. I love the "daisy wheel" you've made, the sweet birdcage and lovely bow. Fab! Thanks for joining us at CR84FN.

I remember daisy wheels, golf balls and the old manual typewriters too!! So I guess I've just dated myself too! :)

Suzanne C said...

Cheryl so glad you joined us this month as a GD! Wonderful inspiration and beautiful cards. So clever with your typewriter wheel. I had forgotten about that until you mentioned it! Lovely birthday card!

Heather Rogers said...

Love the vintage feel and cute typewriter. I didn't know what a daisy wheel was, but now I do. I am happy you could join us for the month of October. You did an amazing job. :)
Hugs~

Lisa Elton said...

This is wonderful Cheryl! So many pretty layers and details. Love youe fun typewriter with the alphabet surrounding it!

Sue Lelli said...

Cheryl, LOVE the daisy wheel with the letters! Truly Inspired! Love the bird and the bow! Gorgeous card! Your friend will LOVE it! PS thx for being such a FAB guest designer! You were wonderful!

Shirley said...

A really pretty card and how creative with the scalloped die!!

MackieMade Paper Creations said...

Beautiful! I love what you did with this sketch! Just awesome!

Theresa said...

Cheryl, this is fantastic. I just love your work my friend. I can't believe that all the stamp companies haven't asked you to be on their DTs - once they find you - you will be one sought after artist.

Jeanne J. said...

Very clever Cheryl! Love your daisy wheel and that sweet little bird! Your friend is going to be thrilled with this one!

Unknown said...

Wow! What a sweet and very clever card, Cheryl! Love all the wonderful details! Thanks so much for joining us at CR84FN and being such a fabulous guest designer!

Lesley said...

Wow Cheryl! This is unreal. I love the ribbon and the vintage feel.

Shannon White said...

So Adorable! Lov this Miss Cheryl! Such Whimsical images and all done up in Fabulous Vintage style too! Love the whole thing!

Hugs
Shannon!

P. S. Great daisy wheel too! 8-)

Pauline said...

This is absolutely gorgeous! Love that yellow seam binding, and the fabulous layering and stitching, beautiful job! I've loved seeing your creations this past month, and I will continue to visit your beautiful blog!