Halloween Fun: Bag Topper

Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Hello there, and Happy Wednesday! I've got a quick, but cute project to share with you today--a bag topper for Halloween goodies. I made these for my daughter to share with her classmates for Halloween, and they fit Flourishes Timeless Tuesday challenge this week (FTTC140), to create a Halloween card/project or both, and also Crazy 4 Challenges C4C109 challenge, to create something for an upcoming holiday and to incorporate heat embossing in your creation. The sentiment is heat embossed.
Here are the sizes I used for the cs layers:
Kraft cardstock: cut at 4-1/4" x 4", score at 2" along the 4" side, fold, and sponge Distress Ink along the edges.
Turquoise cardstock: cut at 4-1/8" x 1-7/8"
Black cardstock: cut at 4" x 1-3/4." Distress the edges with distressing tool, then emboss with a Paper Lace II embossing folder.

This is my first attempt at bag toppers, so it was a learning experience for me. When I attached the toppers to the bag, I originally colored my staples black so they wouldn't show too much on the black cardstock when I stapled the topper to the bag. Then, I decided to staple the kraft base to the bag before I adhered the cs layers to it, so the staple wouldn't show on the front. At first I stapled it with the "front" of the staple on the front of the topper, and covered that with the decorated cs. But, these are for seven and eight year olds, so eventually, I began stapling the topper with the "back" of the staple (the pointy ends) on the front of the topper, so that when it was completely assembled, there were no sharp ends exposed.

This was so much fun to do. I'll be making more after I replenish the Snickers. By the time I was finished with this project, the extras had somehow vanished. 8~D Yummmm!

Thanks for stopping by, and have a great day!


 
Stamps: Witching You a Happy Halloween (Flourishes)
Paper: Colorbok, The Paper Company
Ink: Tim Holtz Distress Ink, Memento, Colorbox, Copic markers
Dies: Std. Circles Lg, Classic Scalloped Circles Lg, Sweet Scallop Tag (Verve)
Accessories: Paper Lace II embossing folder (Cuttlebug); clear embossing powder (Zing); colored metal brad; Stickles; foam dots; standard staples & stapler; clear cello goodie bags
Size: 4-1/4" x 4" (4-1/4" x 2" when folded)
Thanks for visiting my blog!
To have Ink Up delivered to your inbox,
subscribe in the box at the top right of the page.

6 comments :

Angelica Turner said...

How fun and cute are these!!!!

Cindy Haffner said...

PERFECT Fun!!~

Mona Pendleton said...

Oh Cheryl, these little jack o lantern treat toppers are darling! Surely to be a hit! Thanks for joining along with Flourishes!

Shannon White said...

Miss Cheryl these are soo Adorable! I just know your daughters classmates are going to Love these! So Cute! I am going to have to give this a try! Thanks so much for the inspiration and dimensions too! 8-)

Hugs
Shannon

Silke Ledlow said...

AWWW Cheryl, these are super fun and so yummy looking! Awesome Halloween project! Thanks for joining in the fun...hugs ~S~

Rosemary said...

oh wow... what a fantastic project!!