Delight yourself

Sunday, October 9, 2011


Hi there! Hope you're enjoying a nice, long weekend. Except for a family wedding this past Friday, we have no plans except to hang out and relax. My idea of the perfect weekend. Well, as long as there is some craft time in there somewhere, it's perfect. ;)

I'm playing along with Mojo Monday today. I've missed Mojo Monday for a couple of weeks, so I was glad to get to join in this week. I love an asymmetrical sketch.


I paired this layout up with Kathy's Lily Pad Palette challenge. Look at these rich colors...aren't they gorgeous!


The Mojo Monday 209 challenge ends tonight at 8PM MT, so if you haven't played yet, there's still time--as long as you're quick, ;) but the Lily Pad challenge ends on October 20, so you have plenty of time to go through your stash of cs and create a masterpiece. Also, the Heart Song Inspirations #18 challenge is going on now, too, and it's Anything Goes. Can't get any easier than that, but it ends tonight, too, so hurry if you want to enter.

Here's my creation:

The Bible verse (Psalm 37:4) is from Verve. Before I stamped it, I sponged Wild Honey Distress Ink on the circle die cut, and stamped the Verve leafy sprig stamp just on the edge in Spiced Marmalade Distress Ink. I originally ran the dark orange cs through my paper crimper, but it was way too small afterward, so I partially flattened it back out, then stamped the same leafy sprig stamp randomly to create a background design. You can still see the crimps a little bit. I was afraid I wouldn't like it, but I do.

I colored gold rhinestones with an orange and a brown Copic marker and the blue bling is Stickles. Got to have some sparkle somewhere, ya know! :D

I made the plaid brad on the bow with my iTop Brad Maker and covered it with Glossy Accents. I'm loving that tool. It's so nice to be able to make exactly what you want. 

I kept the inside very simple, using the same leafy sprig stamp to tie it to the front of the card.

And, that's it for today. Thanks for stopping in for a visit, and have a wonderful evening!
 
Stamps: Psalm 37:4, Sunny Days (Verve)
Paper: Farmhouse Collection (Crate Paper); Mango Frost Matstack (DCWV)
Ink: Tim Holtz Distress Ink; Versamark; Copic markers
Dies: Lattice Rectangles; Beaded Circles; Std Circles Lg (Spellbinders)
Accessories: Daisy Punch (Martha Stewart); seam binding (Hug Snug); iTop Brad Maker; paper crimper; rhinestones; Glossy Accents; Stickles; sewing thread; foam dots
Size: A2 (4.25" x 5.5")
Thanks for visiting my blog!
To have Ink Up delivered to your inbox,
subscribe in the box at the top right of the page.

7 comments :

Debbie Carriere said...

Gorgeous card! Love the rich colors, the lunched borders, and your great stamping! Thanks for playing Mojo Monday!!

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

Such a pretty card. Love the borders.

Lin said...

Love the use of our colors - your card is so rich! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Lily Pad Cards!

Nancy K said...

This is really a gorgeous card! I love how you used the challenge colors and added so much texture. This is one of my favorite verses too. I'm so glad you joined us at the Lily Pad pond!

Vicky said...

What a gorgeous card! So much work and so many details! Thank you for joining the fun at lily pad cards.

Kathy said...

This is a fest for the eyes with all of your yummy details & you certainly have a great eye for colors.BEAUTIFUL!
Thanks for playing along with Lily Pad's Color Pad Palette Challenge :)

Julia said...

Very beautiful card, the colors are perfectly put together :)