Under the Mistletoe

Sunday, October 30, 2011


Hi, Friends! Well, Halloween is almost behind us and this is the time of year when it seems like the days really start to fly by, with lots of preparations for get-togethers with family and friends. Busy, busy! So, I'll be working on Christmas cards more often for awhile, so they'll be ready on time.

Today's card is made using the Viva la Verve October 2011 Week 3 sketch and Flourishes' Timeless Tuesday challenge #141, to use trees or leaves as a focal point. I received the Under the Mistletoe stamp set from Flourishes just in time for the leaf challenge. What a fabulous set--beautiful images and lots of sentiments!

I had so much fun making the front of the card, I wanted to do a little bit extra on the inside, too.

Viva la Verve has five sketches for this month's challenge, and I've got two more to go, so I'm off to make more cards!

Thanks for visiting today, and have a good one!

~Hugs,
 
Stamps: Under the Mistletoe (Flourishes)
Paper: Lost & Found Christmas (My Mind's Eye); Welcome to the Wood (BSH Papers-digital)
Ink: Tim Holtz Distress Ink; Memento; Copic markers; Staz-On
Dies: Ironwork Motifs, Std Circles Lg, Holly Accents, Lacy Squares (Spellbinders)
Accessories: Ribbon (Michaels); Corner Chomper; Pearls; Glossy Accents; Liquid Pearls; sewing thread; button; twine (Twinery)
Size: A2 (4.25" x 5.5")
Thanks for visiting my blog!
To have Ink Up delivered to your inbox,
subscribe in the box at the top right of the page.

8 comments :

Cindy Haffner said...

Oh how BEAUTIFUL Cheryl!!~

Beate said...

Gorgeous card, Cheryl!!!

Mona Pendleton said...

So pretty Cheryl! Great job coloring the Mistletoe! Thanks for joining along with FTTC :)

Shirley said...

OMGosh! This is lovely! I had not idea what to do with the mistletoe and you solved it for me!!!

Silke Ledlow said...

Cheryl, your card is BEAUTIFUL and very ELEGANT with the yummy Satin Ribbon. Great idea to use the mistletoe image :) !!! Thank you for playing the FTTC with us...hugs ~S~

Rosemary said...

gorgeous!! love that fabulous bow!!

Theresa said...

Cheryl, this is gorgeous. I am ordering this set in the morning. I love the Spellbinder cuts you've made. Love your layout. You are one amazingly talented lady. WOW I am in awe of your beautiful work.

Unknown said...

This is super fabulous!! Your coloring is beautiful and I love the use of those embellishments! Thank you for playing along at the FTTC.