You remind me

Monday, August 22, 2011

Hello! I hope your week has gotten off to a good start. I'm starting mine off with a card for the Viva la Verve Week 2 challenge. Thank goodness this is a simple sketch because I'm behind on my challenges!


You can't see it in the photo, but the black strip is dry embossed. The scalloped edging is covered in a glitter paste that I made after seeing a video tutorial on Linda's Paper Boutique blog. I used Mod Podge instead of Glossy Accents and it worked great. I haven't used a lot of glitter in the past because of the mess, but this was so easy and clean, you'll probably be seeing it a lot more from me in the future. I love how it looks and the best part...it stays put! Note to self: I must get lots of new glitter colors!




Here's a peek at the inside:

That's it for me today. Thanks for stopping by.
 
 
Stamps: Words of Wisdom (Verve)
Paper: Best of K&Co; Recollections; The Paper Studio
Ink: Tim Holtz Distress Ink; Staz-On
Dies: Big Scalloped Ovals Sm, Parisian Motifs, Labels Lg (Spellbinders)
Accessories: Mesh Texture embossing folder (Cuttlebug); Dot Matrix embossing folder (Sizzix); Scallop Diamond Edger (EK Success); Mod Podge Glossy; Glitter; Liquid Pearls; foam dots
Size: A2 (4.25" x 5.5")
Thanks for visiting my blog!
To have Ink Up delivered to your inbox,
subscribe in the box at the top right of the page.

No comments :