SSSC131

Friday, August 26, 2011

I've got a Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge card to share with you today. This is a great sketch for a masculine card because there aren't any ribbons or bows, and few embellishments.


I left the scalloped edging off the right side, and opted, instead, to put the bracket on the left of the main panel with the Happy Anniversary sentiment on it.

I used the emboss resist technique for the leaves, embossing them with white embossing powder, then sponging several colors of distress ink over them.

Just as a reminder, if you haven't participated in Flourishes Birthday Blog Hop, head over there and check it out. Lots of great goodies up for grabs!

And, that's it for me tonight. Thanks for stopping by!
 
Stamps: Leaves (Cloud 9 Designs); Everyday Sayings (Hero Arts)
Paper: Origins (Basic Grey); Life's Journey (K&Co); Recollections; The Paper Studio
Ink: Tim Holtz Distress Ink; Staz-on; clear embossing powder
Dies: Brackets (Tim Holtz Alterations--Sizzix)
Accessories: Binding Edge Edger (EK Success); embossing powder (Ranger); Gridlock embossing folder (Sizzix); Flora & Fauna Stud Metal Art (K&Co); foam dots
Size: 5" x 5"
Thanks for visiting my blog!
To have Ink Up delivered to your inbox,
subscribe in the box at the top right of the page.

3 comments :

Bernie said...

OH MY GOSH this is fantastic!!! I need to make several masculine cards for Sept. and I’ve been desperate for inspiration. This is absolutely perfect!
Thanks for the sweet comments you left on my blog. Hope you visit again soon.
Blessings Bernie

Shannon White said...

Love this Miss Cheryl! Wonderful colors and embossing! A Perfect Masculine card!

Hugs
Shannon 8-)

Barbara A. said...

Love, Love, Love this card and yep I have to agree with Shannon, perfect card for my Dad with his birhday coming up!! Thank you for sharing Cheryl.