SSC22

Thursday, August 4, 2011

The first day of school ritual went off without a hitch this morning. My daughter is excited to be back with all her friends and is thrilled with her new teacher--a good way to start the school year. :D I'm hoping, with her back in school, I'll be able to make cards and post to my blog during the day, rather than in the middle of the night. When I don't get in bed until 3 a.m., 6:30 comes around awfully quick!

The card I'm sharing with you today is for the Sketchbook Saturday challenge #22--a great sketch, with lots of different elements to play with.

The background paper I chose is from the K&Co Abrianna stack. I love the way all the colors in this particular pattern compliment each other so well. That also made it easy to choose other papers to go with it. When I cut the sentiment layer out, I left it in the die and lightly sponged Wild Honey Distress Ink over the embossed areas and just inside the edges before stamping the sentiment, and I sponged the same Wild Honey ink over the edges of all the yellow papers. Other than that, I didn't use any other ink on the front of the card.



On the inside of the card, in addition to sponging the edges of the yellow paper, I sponged the edge of the patterned paper with Concord Grape Distress Ink just enough to define the sides, and also on the Fleur de Lis accent at the top, and used the dark purple cardstock as a tiny border at the top edge.



The stamps are from Flourishes. I love their sentiment stamps. The letters are always so crisp--even on this cardstock, which is slightly textured. And, isn't that font lovely?





 






Thanks for stopping by today!





 

 
Stamps: Kids Play, Sweet Nature (Flourishes)
Paper: Abrianna (K&Co); Coredinations; Mango Frost Stack (DCWV); Paper Studio Textured; Recollections
Ink: Tim Holtz Distress Ink; Staz-On
Accessories: Dies: Labels Four, Labels Thirteen, Ribbon Tag Trio Two, Fleur de Lis Motifs (Spellbinders); Diamonds in Diamonds embossing folder (Sizzix); seam binding (Hug Snug); lace; mulberry paper rose (Recollections); rhinestones; dimensionals 
Size: A2 (4.25" x 5.5")
Thanks for visiting my blog!
To have Ink Up delivered to your inbox,
subscribe in the box at the top right of the page.

4 comments :

Jean McKenzie said...

Oh so pretty! My favourite colours and I love your lace and the embossed layer. Flourishes do have beautiful sentiments. I have also used a Flourishes sentiment on my entry!

Iwona Palamountain (Chupa) said...

How gorgeous! Love your papers, embossing, and the frame... fabby card!

Shannon White said...

Ooooh, So Pretty Pretty Miss Cheryl! Love the Gorgeous vibrant colors of your Dp's! What Gorgeous details & on the inside too! Love the whole thing! So Pretty! 8-)

Hugs
Shannon

Heather Rogers said...

I bet that will be so nice to get your crafty stuff done during the day. Who knows...maybe you will actually sleep again. ;)

This is a beauty. I like the texture on your SB frame. :)
Hugs~