Shabby chic for you

Wednesday, August 24, 2011


Good morning! First of all, if you are looking for my Flourishes Customer Appreciation Blog Hop post, go here. There is some great blog candy to be had, so don't miss it. You have until September 1st to enter. If you've already entered the hop, Good Luck! That's an awesome prize!

Now, on to this week's Taylored Expressions Sketch Challenge #144. Pastels are not my "thing," but I love how this card turned out. I stamped the bicycle onto lavender cardstock with Teal Colorbox ink, then using cotton swabs, I dabbed distress ink on the gifts, flowers, and seat. With sponge daubers, I streaked Wild Honey, Worn Lipstick, and Concord Grape distress ink diagonally across the entire rectangle. I did try to avoid going over the places I'd already colored, but I didn't worry too much about it. I inked the edges with Vintage Photo distress ink.


For the sentiment, I used a Verve stamp from the Sweet Treats set. I cut it out with a Blossom Spellbinders die, distressed the edges, and used a stylus and foam pad to soften and curl the edges a bit. I cut another blossom, one size larger than the sentiment, and snipped about half an inch into it between each petal, then softened and curled it like I did the first one, but it turned out to be too big for this card, so I trimmed about 3/8" from the edges and it fit fine. Before I inked the edges of both blossoms with distress ink, I misted them lightly with water, crumpled them up, and dried them with a heat tool. After I glued them together, I added Crystal Stickles to the edges of the sentiment blossom. I think every card needs a little sparkle somewhere on it, don't you? ;)



 
On the inside, I messed up when I picked up the wrong sponge dauber. I intended to use Antique Linen inside the edges of the Labels Sixteen die, but I had already used the dauber in the Broken China ink. Oops! I went ahead with it, even though the blue was causing the Antique Linen to look sort of green. Turns out I liked it after all. Hope you do, too.

Thanks for stopping by. I so appreciate all my visitors!

Have a wonderful Wednesday!
 
Stamps: Bicycle (Heidi Grace Designs); Sweet Treats (Verve)
Paper: Watercolor Bouquet (K&Co); Life's Journey (K&Co); Best of K&Co; DCWV Neutral Stack Textured; Plentiful (Digital paper-Shabby Princess); Recollections
Ink: Tim Holtz Distress Ink; Colorbox
Dies: Labels Large, Labels Small, Blossom, Labels Sixteen (Spellbinders)
Accessories: Scallop Dot Edge Punch & Classic Butterfly Punch (Martha Stewart); Crop-a-Dile Corner Chomper; Liquid Pearls; half-pearls; twine (The Twinery); Stickles; foam dots
Size: A2 (4.25" x 5.5")
Thanks for visiting my blog!
To have Ink Up delivered to your inbox,
subscribe in the box at the top right of the page.

2 comments :

Cindy Haffner said...

PRETTY PRETTY PRETTY!!~

lisa808 said...

Super pretty! I think pastels are 'your thing!'