Deck the Halls

Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Hi friends! I've got another challenge card, of course, for three challenges this time. Two of the challenges are good for my Christmas card a week goal. The sketch was Sketchbook Saturday Challenge #23. The other two challenges are: Flourishes Christmas Spirit Challenge #16--song inspired; and TCP Tuesday #171, Christmas with photo inspiration.

pic name                pic name

For the Flourishes challenge, I used Deck the Halls as my inspiration song, and for the TCP challenge, concentrated on using traditional Christmas colors and focused on decorations and ornaments.
I turned the sketch sideways, and when I did it, I had a very logical reason for it, but now I can't think of what that might have been. It would have worked just as well as a tall card. The first paper I used is of pine branches and holly with red berries. Can you see the ornaments on the next designer paper? I didn't want to cover them up too much, so I used a lattice border punch rather than something solid under the ribbon. I colored the stamp with Copics and used a silver Sharpie opaque marker for the little snowflake ornament that sits on the bow. I used Glossy Accents on the ornaments, but I'm not sure you can tell in the photo. Even close up, it was hard to photograph. That might not be a bad thing. I had to re-apply the Glossy Accents three times on the green ornament because I kept brushing my hand against it. It might be a little bit smushed. 8~D The sentiment was printed on the computer then cut out with a Spellbinders die.


You can see the pine and holly paper better on the inside of the card. It's really pretty paper. It deserves a card all by itself. For this sentiment, after I stamped "Seasons Greetings," it looked kind of bare, so I searched around and found the sparkle stamp in Flourishes' Make a Wish set. I love it when a stamp company includes little accent stamps in their sets. They are so versatile.

Okay, my card is made and photographed, my post is written, and I've cleaned up. I know I must have forgotten something because it's not dark outside yet. Normally, after doing all that, it would be after midnight. I'm sure it will come to me as soon as I hit "publish." ;)

Thanks for stopping by and have a great evening! 
 
Stamps: Holiday Greetings, Christmas Classics, Make a Wish (Flourishes)
Paper: Glad Tidings (K&Co); Gingerbread Fun Mini Pack (Designs by Krista); Recollections
Ink: Tim Holtz Distress Inks; Stampabilities; Memento; Opaque paint marker (Sharpie); Copic markers
Dies: Blossom, Floral Doily Motifs, Std Circles Lg, Lacy Squares (Spellbinders)
Accessories: Lattice Chain Large Edger (EK Success); Seam Binding dyed with re-inker (Hug Snug); rhinestones; Perfect Pearls (misted with water); Glossy Accents
Size: A2 (4.25" x 5.5")
Thanks for visiting my blog!
To have Ink Up delivered to your inbox,
subscribe in the box at the top right of the page.

4 comments :

Heather Rogers said...

Just beautiful! I am not ready for Christmas yet, but for sure ready for fall and cooler temps. :)
Hugs~

Iwona Palamountain (Chupa) said...

Looking great! I like your use of die cuts/punches, they make the card look so elegant!

Leslie Miller said...

So lovely! Very warm and rich. Beautiful coloring!

Shannon White said...

Wow Miss Cheryl! This sure is Gorgeous! I love the rich Festive dp's and your coloring is Wonderful Lady! 8-)

Hugs
Shannon