Celebrate this day

Saturday, August 13, 2011


Happy Saturday! Before I get to my card today, I wanted to share some fun news with you. Linda Kaiser from The Paper Boutique included my blog in her Fab Five Friday this week for the little notebook I posted about on Thursday! Wow, did she ever make my day! Thanks, Linda!

Now, on to my card. I actually made this card a couple of months ago for my mother's birthday. It's been in my Splitcoast gallery, but I couldn't post it here because my mother would have seen it. Well, we're taking her to dinner tonight for her birthday, so now I can post it:


It's a pocket card with a matching bookmark. I was inspired by Becca over at Amazing Paper Grace. Her blog title is so apropos. She does make the most amazing cards.

Here's a photo of the card inside the pocket.


The card says, "Celebrate this day, and Embrace all the reasons to Believe in wishes again." I typed it up in Word and printed it directly on the cardstock. I stamped "Happy Birthday" near the bottom so it would show through the vellum when the card is in the pocket. The paper I used for the card was 6x6 and after cutting it for the card, the piece I had left was just the right size for a bookmark.
 

And, that's it for now. We're off to dinner. Thanks for stopping by, and enjoy the rest of your weekend!
 
Stamps: Quietfire, Inkadinkadoo-Organic Fabric Florish, main sentiment typed in Word
Paper: The Paper Studio, Prima-Fairy Flora, vellum 
Ink: Tim Holtz Distress Ink, Colorbox
Accessories: Sizzix-On the Edge-Brackets; SB-Parisian Accents; Zing Clear Embossing Pwdr; Offray ribbons; lace; Twinery-twine; household twine; Prima flower; pearls; Recollections leaves; MS Scallop Dot Punch; eyelet
Size: 5" x 6.5" (the pocket is 5" x 5")
Thanks for visiting my blog!
To have Ink Up delivered to your inbox,
subscribe in the box at the top right of the page.


2 comments :

Heather Rogers said...

Absolutely beautiful Cheryl. I know she just loved it. The paper is soo pretty. :)
Hugs~

Shannon White said...

Gorgeous Gorgeous Miss Cheryl! Love every detail! Your Mom is just going to LOVE this! 8-)

Hugs
Shannon