Don't count every minute

Sunday, August 14, 2011

I'm back! :)

This card was "commissioned" by my mother for a friend. I used this week's Tuesday Morning Sketch to make it. This sketch is wide open for all kinds of possibilities, which is usually difficult for me, but once I knew the kind of card my mother wanted, I didn't have any trouble at all.



The hour glass is from Flourishes' Moments in Time stamp set. I colored it first with Copics, then sponged tea dye Distress Ink around the inside edges of the rectangle and lightly behind the hourglass, and added white glitter for the sand. After that dried, I spread Glossy Accents to give it a glassy shine. I love the look. Here's a close up:


On the inside, I sponged Tea Dye ink around the edges of white cardstock, then used the Happy Birthday sentiment from the same stamp set. Finally, I stamped part of the clock in the corner using Antique Linen Distress Ink.


My mother loved the card, and I was pretty pleased with it, too, especially since I made it so quickly.  Maybe I need to work under pressure more often ;)

I hope next week is a good one for you.

Later tonight I'll be checking out what everyone else has been up to. I'll be sure to leave you some love on your blogs...thanks for all the sweet comments you've left for me. 
 
Stamps: Moments in Time (Flourishes)
Paper: Timepiece Collection (Bo Bunny); Coredinations, Que Sera Sera (K&Co); Recollections
Ink: Tim Holtz Distress Ink; Memento; Copic Markers
Accessories: Parisian Accents, Labels Large & Small, Labels Four (Spellbinders dies); Tim Holtz Sprocket Gears; glitter; Glossy Accents; rhinestones; brads; dimensionals
Size: A2 (4.25" x 5.5")
Thanks for visiting my blog!
To have Ink Up delivered to your inbox,
subscribe in the box at the top right of the page.

3 comments :

Melissa Craig said...

This is fantastic! I love the hardware on it. So glad your Mother was pleased. Thanks for joining us at Tuesday Morning Sketches.

Heather Rogers said...

This is sooo pretty. I love the glossy accents and glitter you added to the hourglass. :)
Hugs~

Theresa said...

WOW!! This is fabulous. I love how you did the hour glass. Your spreading of the glossy accents is perfect-I always get bubbles. Beautiful card!! Thanks for joining us at Tuesday Morning Sketches.