A Digital Anniversary

Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Good Tuesday morning! I have a challenge card to share with you today, but first I wanted to tell you about a website I found that has some unique, free digital papers. It's called Lost and Taken, and it's chock full of high-resolution texture photos that you can download and use in papercrafting. I really like the vintage wallpaper images, but there are also grunge, colored papers (which are beautiful), film textures, nature, and others. I used one of the vintage wallpaper images on my card today. Actually, all the paper on this card is digital except for the solid colors.

The My Favorite Things Wednesday Stamp Club sketch #33 for this week was perfect for digital paper since it had so many different small layers. I was able to print everything I needed on one sheet of cardstock and there was very little waste. For the sentiment on the front of the card, I added the text to the digi paper in my photo program and when I printed the paper, the text was already printed right on it. I still prefer the look of a stamped sentiment, but when I don't have the stamp I need, the computer sure does come in handy.

I may have another card for you this afternoon, as I still have several challenge cards to make, but for now I'm off to go wedding shower shopping.

Thanks so much for visiting, and have a marvelous day!
 
Stamps: Sunny Days (Verve); Everyday Savings (Hero Arts)
Paper: Vintage Wallpaper-digital (http://www.lostandtaken.com/); Harvest Spice digital paper (Shabby Princess); Best Things digital paper (A. Richards, Two Peas in a Bucket); Recollections
Ink: Tim Holtz Distress Ink; Stampabilities
Dies: Leafy Sprigs (Verve); Labels Large (Spellbinders)
Accessories: Arch Lattice Edge Punch (Martha Stewart); household twine; Liquid Pearls; button; Memory Thread (DMC); foam dots; main sentiment created on computer in photo program
Size: A2 (4.25" x 5.5")


Thanks for visiting my blog!
To have Ink Up delivered to your inbox,
subscribe in the box at the top right of the page.

No comments :