Christmas Cheer

Saturday, August 6, 2011

I have a confession to make. Now, before you judge me, keep in mind that I've been making cards less than a year. Okay, here it is:

I don't send out Christmas cards.

Eeeekkkk! The sacrilege! I used to, but over the years, I sent fewer and fewer, until I finally just stopped altogether. I'm not really sure why I gave up on Christmas cards, but it may have something to do with how I choose a card for someone. Back when I actually shopped for mass-produced cards, no matter the occasion, I could spend an hour (or more) reading every single card in the store until I found the "perfect" card for that particular person. Everything had to be right--the sentiment, the font, the design, the kind of paper it was printed on, and sometimes even the envelope. So, buying dozens of the same exact card for everyone I know is a bit of a problem. One size does not fit all! You know what I mean? Well, this year will be different.

I've noticed that a lot of people make Christmas cards throughout the year so that, when Christmas finally arrives, they have a whole stash of cards to send out. I couldn't imagine doing that. I mean, who thinks about Christmas cards in the middle of the summer, right? But, now I get it. I just received my first Christmas stamps from Flourishes yesterday and I've been thinking in red and green ever since!


The My Favorite Things Wednesday Stamp Club Sketch #31 for this week was great for a single, simple stamp like the one I chose. The stamp can be prominent, there is room for a small sentiment, and I could show off some fun paper. Of course, if you've read my previous posts, you know that I don't own any Christmas paper. So, I did something new--I used digital paper. Wow! I'm hooked already. It was the middle of the night when I needed the paper, so I just ordered what I wanted on-line, paid a tiny price for it, and Poof!, it was downloaded and printed in a matter of minutes. Lots of choices, no traffic to fight, inexpensive, and best of all, I don't have to scrimp on it because I can always print more! That's the way to go. Of course, I still need my paper packs because I'm a paper-lover, but digital is definitely a great option.



This is the inside:
 
It's already August, so I'm getting a late start, but I've set a new goal for myself. And, I'm hoping by making my goal public, I'll actually stick to it 8~D ! I'm going to make at least one Christmas card a week, which should give me at least 17 Christmas cards before Thanksgiving. I'll need more than that, but at least it's a start. So, if you notice I'm getting behind, feel free to give me a nudge ;)

Thanks for visiting, and have a fantastic weekend!

 
Stamps: Sweets of the Season, Holiday Greetings (Flourishes)
Paper: Gingerbread Fun (Designs by Krista--digital paper); Coredinations; Recollections; Paper Studio
Ink: Copic markers; Tim Holtz Distress Ink; Memento; Staz-On
Dies: Small Labels, Labels Thirteen, Classic Ovals Lg (Spellbinders)
Accessories: Seam Binding, dyed with re-inkers (Hug Snug); brads, rhinestones, sewing thread, dimensionals, Perfect Pearls (mixed with water & used as a mist)
Size: A2 (4.25" x 5.5")
Thanks for visiting my blog!
To have Ink Up delivered to your inbox,
subscribe in the box at the top right of the page.

6 comments :

Heather Rogers said...

Well, you had better get to making on those Christmas cards silly. LOL This is beautiful and I would have never known that it was digi paper. Why does it sound like you were up all night crafting again? I think you might need help. Paper Crafter's Anonymous?? ;)
Hugs~

Tricia T said...

What a pretty card! Good for you on starting your Christmas cards early. I usually make some, but I hardly ever get them sent out. : )

ChristineCreations said...

Well I'm so glad you broke your tradition of not sending cards to make this one! It's so great...warm and welcoming!

CraftyMomOf3 said...

Just STUNNING Cheryl!! Great idea planning ahead!!

Crafty Hugs!
Meredith

Cindy Haffner said...

BEAUTIFULLY done Cheryl!!~

Stacy Morgan said...

This is beautiful! See thinking about Christmas early is helpful. I send out way too many is my problem, I should cut back. hee hee