Peas to meet you

Tuesday, August 2, 2011

I'm back with another card. This one is for Flourishes Bring Back Beautiful Challenge #13. The challenge is CAS--not my strong suit, but here goes.

I colored the pea stamp with Copics, cut it with a Spellbinders oval die, and backed it with a SB Parisian Accent die that I cut in half. Since the green accent blended in almost completely with the background paper, I cut another larger white oval to put behind that. I really like the background paper with this stamp because the leaves on it look just like the leaves in the stamp. Besides the Copics, the only ink I used was on the edge of the background paper and to accent the embossing on the Parisian motif. I considered just one strand of twine with a simple knot around the card, but I tried it, and it actually took away from the rest of the card, so I scrapped that idea.

We are going to Open House at my daughter's school tonight, and her new teacher is one whom she hasn't actually met yet, so I thought, with the right sentiment, this would be the perfect card. I typed one on the computer and printed it directly onto white cardstock:
Before adhering the sentiment panel to the inside of the card, I used my scoreboard and scored two sets of lines around the edge. It's faint in the photo, but it's visible if you look close enough.

I wasn't sure my daughter, who is only seven, would like this as a card for her new teacher, but she loves it. She even liked it before she read the sentiment, which she thinks is a cool joke.

So, there you have it--my version of CAS. I wasn't sure I was up to the challenge of a clean and simple card, but it was fun. (Is there anything about cardmaking that isn't fun?) After I colored the stamp for this card, I realized the color of the basket is the same as a fresh radish. Well, low and behold, there is a stamp of radishes (or is it beets?) in the same set as the peas, so my next card may end up being CAS, too.  :D

Thanks for stopping by, and I hope you'll visit again soon! Have a nice evening.

Stamps: Garden Fresh (Flourishes)
Paper: Summer Song (My Mind's Eye); Recollections
Ink: Tim Holtz Distress Ink; Memento; Copics
Accessories: Dies: Classic Ovals Lg, Parisian Accents (Spellbinders); Score Board (Martha Stewart); sentiment generated on computer and printed on cardstock
Size: A2 (4.25" x 5.5")
Thanks for visiting my blog!
To have Ink Up delivered to your inbox,
subscribe in the box at the top right of the page.

4 comments :

Heather Rogers said...

What a beautiful card! I think you did a wonderful job with the CAS style. My son has open house tonight too and we are leaving here very shortly. :)
Thanks for playing in the BBB challenge.

Lisa Elton said...

Cherly I think you nailed it...this is wonderful! I love the dimension and the sentiment is so cute! So I'll use it and say "I'm peas to have you as a follower!" Thanks for your sweet comments!!!

Marie said...

This card is totally awesome. I love the whole concept and the fab coloring.

Kathy Jones said...

You've done a FAB job with the CAS challenge and LOVE the way you framed your peas!!! Awesome card!! Thanks for playing the BBB challenge!!1 :)