Best friends

Wednesday, August 3, 2011

I hope you all had a great day today. School starts back tomorrow around here, so we've been busy making sure everything is ready for what is sure to be a hectic morning tomorrow--last minute shopping, packing the backpack, filling out forms, choosing the all-important first day of school outfit...you probably know the drill. But, now that that's done, I have a few minutes to share a card I was able to squeeze in today.


I used the Week 1 August Viva la Verve challenge sketch for this card, substituting a butterfly for the heart. Rather than use a stamp on the outside of the card, I cut the patterned paper so that the words "best friends" are in a prominent position. The butterfly, cut from a Cheery Lynn Designs die, was cut out in very pale pink paper, but I inked the die with a periwinkle color ink before cutting, to give it more detail.







On the inside, for the sentiment panel, I used two Spellbinders Floral Doily accent corners, inked the edges of the panel with Wild Honey Distress Ink, and finished it off with a few dots of Liquid Pearls.


And, that'll do it for me tonight. Thanks for stopping by. I'll be back tomorrow...hope you will, too! 
 
Stamps: Friends Forever Quotes (Fiskars) 
Paper: So-So-Sweet (Paper Studio); Coredinations; Recollections; Paper Studio Textured Solids
Ink: Tim Holtz Distress Ink; Colorbox
Accessories: Dies: Floral Doily Accent (Spellbinders); Dimensional Butterfly (Cheery Lynn Designs); Embossing folders: Polka Dots, Script Texture (Cuttlebug); ribbon (Offray); button; twine (Twinery); Liquid Pearls; dimensionals
Size: 4.25" sq.
Thanks for visiting my blog!
To have Ink Up delivered to your inbox,
subscribe in the box at the top right of the page.

No comments :