Tomorrow's Forecast

Friday, July 29, 2011

Hello there! It's our last weekend before school starts back here, so I spent time with my daughter today rather than make cards. She's a big reader, so we sat on the front porch in rocking chairs with bowls of ice cream and read books. She read the Narnia series last year, and her dad is reading the Percy Jackson books to her now, so she was excited to find a fantasy book about Greek gods that has a girl as the heroine (Pandora Gets Jealous). I'm working my way through The Count of Monte Cristo. Great book--I recommend it--but teeny tiny print and still over 1000 pages, so plan on spending a lot of time with it!

I eventually got down to the craft room and here's what I came up with for the My Favorite Things Wednesday Stamp Club Sketch Challenge #30.

The Bright Blossom stack from S.E.I. is full of gorgeous designs. This was one of my favorites. I loved working with all the intense colors and glittery shine.  I got some new butterfly dies from Cherry Lynn Designs that I wanted to try out, so I put one on this card. It's the small one. I inked the die before cutting it, so the embossing shows up pretty good. The larger butterfly, underneath it, is a Martha Stewart punch. I originally put a few dots of Stickles on the MS butterfly, but I didn't like how it looked so, before it dried, I got a paint brush and spread it over the wings.

Here's the inside of the card with another dimensional butterfly:

The rest of the card is pretty straightforward.

Have a wonderful, crafty weekend!
 
Stamps: April Showers (Flourishes)
Paper: Bright Blossom (S.E.I.); Shimmer Stack (DCWV); Bazzill Basics; Recollections 
Ink: Colorbox; Tim Holtz Distress Inks
Accessories: Dies: Floral Doily Motifs (Spellbinders), Dimensional Butterflies (Cheery Lynn Designs); Monarch Butterfly Lg. punch (Martha Stewart); Diamond Lace Edge Punch (EK Success); Tropical Paisley embossing folder & Distressed embossing plate (Sizzix); roses (Recollections); Stickles; rhinestones; glitter
Size: A2 (4.25" x 5.5")

Thanks for visiting my blog!
To have Ink Up delivered to your inbox,
subscribe in the box at the top right of the page.

No comments :