Dancing in the rain

Thursday, July 21, 2011

We had a great vacation, but I'm ready to get back to making cards. That said, though, I had no idea that a 10-day break would be hard to recover from. When I was making this card, I literally had to stop and ask myself things like: What kind of adhesive should I use to attach these different elements?; Does a Spellbinder's die face up or down and what is the sandwich for it?; and Just how big is an A2 card, anyway?! It was almost like starting over. When it came time to use my camera, the photos all came out green or orange, and I had to refer to my notes to get all that straightened out. Thank goodness I actually made notes!

My card today is for the Mojo Monday Challenge #200. Congrats to the Mojo Monday design team for 200 sketches! That's some serious creative collaboration.

This card turned out nothing at all like I envisioned when I started it, but I like the final version so much better. The filigree layer behind the sentiment began as this weird chalky hospital green colored cardstock, but after sponging on Crushed Olive Distress Ink, outlining the edges with a dark brown Copic marker (E29), and adding a few dots of liquid pearls (Platinum), it looks like an aged copper nameplate. I used Perfect Pearls Mist in Heirloom Gold on the brown cardstock, so it looks like old, rusted metal, too. Here's a closeup:













When I was finished with the front of the card, I felt like the inside needed something, so I did this:





I didn't notice until I was editing the photo that I went much heavier with the stamps on the right side than on the left, but I can live with that.

Thanks for stopping by. Have a spectacular day!











Stamps: Blue Skies (Verve)
Paper: Best of K&Co; Recollections; The Paper Co.
Ink: Tim Holtz Distress Inks
Accessories: Spellbinders dies: Fancy Tags, Floral Doily Motifs, Labels Two, Std. Circles Lg., Parisians Accents; Tim Holtz Tattered Florals die (Sizzix); Binding Edge Edger Punch & 2" Square punch (EK Success); seam binding; Pearl Brad (American Crafts); mini round gems (Recollections); paper leaves (Recollections); Perfect Pearls Mist; Liquid Pearls; Glossy Accents; Copics; Dimensionals
Size: A2 (4.25" x 5.5")
Thanks for visiting my blog!
To have Ink Up delivered to your inbox,
subscribe in the box at the top right of the page.

3 comments :

Nadine said...

This one looks gorgeous, love the brown colors! I love the fact that cards turn out very different than expected!

Ioanna Maria said...

I don't know what the original card you had in mind looked like but this one turned out really great! Well done :)

Shannon White said...

This is so Lovely Miss Cheryl! Love the soft vintage feeling of it.. I think it turned out just as it was meant to.. So Pretty!

Hugs
Shannon