Buzzin' By

Tuesday, July 26, 2011

I just love Flourishes' new bee stamp sets (Bee My Honey and Honeycomb), so I ripped into mine as soon as they arrived. What a fun set! 
 
 
The first stamp I used was the wildflower one. I remembered to stamp with Memento ink so I could color it without smearing the lines, and it was turning out so pretty. Then, out of the blue, one of my Copics attempted a coup! I stopped it, but not before there was some damage. I tried a myriad of strategies to fix it until I finally had an ah-ha moment and realized the problem was fairly close to the edge and I could just cover it up with something without losing the entire stamp. The sentiment tag worked great, but the little bee sitting on it is performing double duty. He's there as an accent, but I also needed him as part of my cover-up ;)  For all the bees, I stamped, heat embossed, and fussy cut them before attaching them to the card. For the background, I used the Honeycomb stamp with clear embossing powder to give it a glossy, wet, honeyish look, and added random drops of yellow Stickles for extra sparkle.
 
This card took me an extraordinarily long time to make. It started out as a challenge card, but I missed the deadline because of all the setbacks (I only mentioned the Copic coup specifically, but that was just one of many design issues I had yesterday). So, this card went from having a dark green fern patterned paper background, no bees, and fuschia-colored accents to this:


Eventually, maybe I'll stop being surprised by how different, and better, my finished cards are from my original visions. 8-D

Almost forgot...my new lightbox and lights came, too! I'll save hours in editing time. Yoo Hoo!

                                 Hope you...

 
Stamps: Bee My Honey & Honeycomb (Flourishes)
Paper: The Paper Co.; Recollections
Ink: Tim Holtz Distress Inks; Staz-on; Memento; Clear Embossing Ink; Copics
Accessories: Dies--Parisian Motifs, Std Circles Lg, Fancy Tags (Spellbinders); Punches--Parisian Edger, Scallop Diamond Edger (EK Success); embossing powder (Zing); seam binding (Hug Snug); rhinestones; Stickles; Liquid Pearls; dimensionals
Size: A2 (4.25" x 5.5")
Thanks for visiting my blog!
To have Ink Up delivered to your inbox,
subscribe in the box at the top right of the page.

4 comments :

Heather Rogers said...

I think after all the issues you had this turned out beautifully! Love it! This set is one of my favorites too. I find myself saying that about a lot of them. :)
Hugs~

Leslie Miller said...

I can only see your vingette photo and the inside photo, but not the photo of the whole card, darn it. But what I can see looks absolutely fabulous! Wonerful rich colors and amazing coloring. By the way, yours is the second blog I've come across this evening where the photos didn't show up. It might be just me, because it seems other folks can see them. You do such a beautiful job on your cards. I'll be back to enjoy more soon!

Shannon White said...

Miss Cheryl, this is soo Beautiful! So glad you hung in there and didn't give up! 8-) I 've had so many similar issues with various cards.. lol.. And for some reason, they end up being the ones that folks like the most..Go figure.. lol
This set is so Darned Sweet and I love how your card turned out. gorgeous colors and love that you heat embossed the bg. It looks very honeycomb like!8-) Love it!

Hugs
Shannon

Unknown said...

Just love your style