Just for you

Sunday, July 3, 2011

Good afternoon, friends! I've got a card to show you today that came about in a strange way for me. I've been trying to keep up with a few sketch challenges for awhile, and Mojo Monday is one of my favorites. With all the computer time spent setting up my blog, I hadn't had a chance to make this week's sketch (MOJO197) and I needed to get it downloaded by 8:00 tonight, so I stayed up quite late last night to make it.

I started out absolutely sure I was going to make a CAS card, with solid paper, dry embossing, and very little ink. I'm drawn to that style card, but never end up making them myself. So, I chose the paper (pink) and embossing folders I wanted to use, and began looking for paper for the card base. That's when I came across a patterned paper I just couldn't resist. Well, I did keep one of the pink papers I'd already chosen, and the only ink I used was embossing ink for the sentiment, but my CAS card turned into this:

I layered several papers, embossed the sentiment, cut a paper swirly doohickey thing with my Sizzix, coated it with Glossy Accents, and embellished the card with flowers, leaves, pins, pearls, and a strand of beads. Long way from CAS, I think. But, I love how it turned out--especially with the strand of beads. I still want to make a CAS card, but this time I'm glad my right brain hijacked my left brain and took over.

We spent most of yesterday at my mom's house, swimming and celebrating my daughter's 7th birthday. I hope you are all having a fun, relaxing holiday weekend, too.

Thanks for visiting my blog. Have a Fabulous 4th of July!!!
Stamps: Sweet Treets (Verve Stamps)
Paper: Love Nest stack (My Mind's Eye); Paper Studio; Recollections
Ink: Clear embossing ink (Inkssentials)
Accessories: Chocolate embossing powder (Zing); Lacy Squares and Labels One Nestabilities (Spellbinders); Decorative Accent #3, Tree and Bird (Sizzix Sizzlets); Glossy Accents; Fleur de Lis Edger (EK Success); Leaf pins (Maya Road); Mini paper roses (Recollections); pearls; white luster pearl beads; Glossy Accents; dimensionals
Size: 4-1/4" square

2 comments :

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you've started a blog. The card is beautiful! How do you have the time?? Happy Birthday to your daughter! :)
Susan H.

Anonymous said...

Glad your right brain stayed in control. A beautiful card. looking forward to seeing what comes next.