Dragonfly thank you

Friday, July 22, 2011

What is it with me and green this week? Today's card is for the Viva la Verve July 2011 Week 3 sketch challenge. This was a fun sketch to work on because the different papers gave me a chance to use several different embossing folders, and I love using a sewing machine on cards.

Rather than use two different papers for the large circular layer, I decided to do some double embossing instead. The large green scalloped circle (Spellbinders Blossom die)  is double embossed with Polka Dots on the "petals" and the Leafy Branch design in the center. You can't tell in the photo, but I used dimensionals in just the center of the circle, and glued the edges down, giving it a puffy 3-D look. The sparkly dots appear blue, but are actually crystal colored Stickles.

The dragonfly was one of my first stamped creations several months ago. I think I stamped 4 or 5 of them at the same time, colored each one differently, and now only have one left. I should make more--it's nice to have something ready to add to a card so easily. I embossed this dragonfly with a green embossing powder, then colored it with colored pencils. Back then, I didn't even know glue pens existed, so I applied plain white glue to the dragonfly with a toothpick and sprinkled glitter over it. I had also just gotten my first bottle of Stickles. Can you tell?  The wings are covered in little yellow sparkly dots :D  

The beads on the pins are from my knitting days. I had made beaded stitch markers and since I'm not planning to knit much anytime soon, I requisitioned the beads for my cards.

Thanks for visiting today. If you enjoy seeing my creations, you can subscribe at the top of my blog and have it delivered right to you.

 
Stamps: Sweet Treats (Verve); Gem Stone Insects (Inkadinkadoo)
Paper: Best of K&Co; DCWV Shimmer Stack; Darice; Recollections
Ink: Tim Holtz Distress Ink
Accessories: Spellbinders dies: Labels Four, Large Labels, Blossom; embossing powder (Adirondack); embossing folders: Polka Dots, Leafy Branch (Cuttlebug), Tropical Paisley, Diamonds in Diamonds (Sizzix); Stickles; rhinestones; glitter; sewing; colored pencils; glue pen; Perfect Pearls Mist; beads; pins; dimensionals
Size: A2 (4.25" x 5.5")
Thanks for visiting my blog!
To have Ink Up delivered to your inbox,
subscribe in the box at the top right of the page.

No comments :