Life is good

Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Hi blog friends! I've got another challenge card today. The sketch this week is by Amber Hight for the Viva la Verve challenge. I love distressing cards, and I think this is probably the most distressing I've ever done on a card. It was fun aging all the little chipboard embellishments and "dirtying" them up with ink. And, since I finally broke down and ordered a few rolls of seam binding, I was able to put a bow on a card that didn't look all stiff and formal. My fingers will probably be stained for days from all the red and brown reinker I used to age it, but the seam binding sure looked good when I was finished.

I don't know if you can read the stamp in the upper left square, but it says "Life is Good." It's a little freebie stamp that Verve Stamps included in an order I received recently. I heat embossed it in bright red so it wouldn't get lost in the patterned paper I stamped it on. Since it's more of a statement than a personal sentiment, if I don't give this card away, I'm thinking of framing it instead. I haven't done that with any of my cards yet, but I sure consider it often enough. My project room has a little wall space left that doesn't have anything on it yet ;)

Thanks for stopping by.
 
Stamps: Life is Good (Verve)
Paper: Sweet Threads pack (Basic Grey); Best of K&Co; DCWV Textured stack, Recollections
Ink: Tim Holtz Distress Inks & Reinkers; Colorbox
Accessories: Standard Circle Lg. and Peony dies (Spellbinders); Embossing Pwdr (Zing); seam binding (Hug Snug); chipboard embellishments (Amy Butler); gem brad (Recollections); Perfect Pearls Mist; dimensionals; sewing
Size: 4.25" square
Thanks for visiting my blog!
To have Ink Up delivered to your inbox,
subscribe in the box at the top right of the page.

2 comments :

Cindy Haffner said...

Hi Cheryl your card is so BEAUTIFUL so is your blog!!~ You asked me about my zigzag stitching and the truth is my machine was acting up and missed a few stitches. I think that means I need to change my needle, but I'm not sure!!

Heather Rogers said...

Cheryl, this is beautiful. I love all the distressing. I haven't done that in a while. It gives them a warmer feel. Looks like you just started your blog. Welcome to blogland. :)
Hugs~