It's a pink and yellow day

Friday, July 22, 2011

Hi there, blog friends! Maybe you noticed that I was all about green and orange in my last two posts. I didn't plan it that way, it just happened. Sometimes it's a challenge for me just to stay away from green. So, when I saw that the CR84FN34 Color Challenge 34 was pink and yellow I immediately knew I wanted to play along. 
When I was choosing paper, I wound up with both soft and vibrant color possibilities. I couldn't decide which one to go with, so in the end, I just made two cards for the color challenge. For my soft version, I combined CR84FN34 with the Viva la Verve July 2011 Week 4 sketch challenge, and for the vibrant version I combined CR84FN34 with the Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge 126.
 



Here's the soft version--
Within Your Heart:




And, here's the vibrant version--
Pink Hello:


















I still can't decide which I like better. What do you think???

Thanks for stopping by today. Have a happy weekend :D

 
Soft Version--Within Your Heart (CR84FN34 & VLVJUL2011-Week 4)
Stamps: Blue Skies & Sweet Treats (Verve); Faux Finish (Stampendous); Mark My Heart--interior of card (Recollections) 
Paper: Best of Brenda Walton (K&Co); Bazzill Basics; Recollections 
Ink: Tim Holtz Distress Ink; Colorbox; Stampendous; Inkssentials Clear Embossing Ink
Accessories: Dies: Tim Holtz Ornate (Sizzix); Heart Base, Heart Ornamental, & Oval Tag (Sizzix Sizzlets); embossing powder (Zing); paper raffia (Michael's); Flora & Fauna Metal Studs (K&Co); Perfect Pearls; Perfect Pearls Mist; paper mini roses (Recollections); pearls, rhinestones; beads; dimensionals
Size: 4.5" Square

Vibrant Version--Pink Hello (CR84FN34 & SSSC126)
Stamps: Daily Junque (House of Three); Everything Happy (Stampendous)
Paper: Colorbok; Bazzill Basics; Recollections
Ink: Tim Holtz Distress Inks; Staz-on
Accessories: Satin ribbon (Michael's); mini round gems (Recollections); Daisy Edger Punch & Double Loops Edger Punch (Martha Stewart); Crop-a-Dile corner chomper; Liquid Pearls; twine (Twinery); sewing; dimensionals
Size: A2 (4.25" x 5.5")
Thanks for visiting my blog!
To have Ink Up delivered to your inbox,
subscribe in the box at the top right of the page.

4 comments :

Sue Lelli said...

I like them both! They are so different but each is pretty in it's own right! LOVE the heart and the subtle muted pinks in the first and LOVE the the bold pink background paper and the yellow border in the second! THX for playing with us at CR84FN!

Shannon White said...

Oh my goodness, Miss Cheryl these are both so Pretty! Wowzers! 8-)

Deborah Frings said...

Do you know, that's just what I love about challenges. Your cards are both so different, but both just beautiful. Love the verse of your "soft" version - love the typewriter on the "bolder" version. Thanks so much for playing along with CR84FN!

Mona Pendleton said...

Both of these cards are awesome Cheryl! Love the fancy heart on the first and Vintage typewriter image on the second! Thanks for joining along with CR84FN :)