One still, secret place

Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Hi blog friends! I hope you all had a wonderful holiday weekend and are ready for the week to start and things to get back to normal.

It's the middle of the night right now, my little dog is lying at my feet, snoring, and I'm not going to last much longer either before I have a computer crash--literally--when I fall over asleep and end up with an imprint of my keyboard across my forehead, so this will be a short post.

I spent part of the 4th making a red, white, and blue card, in keeping with the Independence Day theme, and I used this week's Mojo Monday sketch, #198.

The silver colored vertical strip on this card is shimmer paper that has been dry embossed and sponged with Black Soot Distress Ink on the edges to make it look like a piece of old metal.
 
I haven't decorated the inside of too many cards, but I wanted to use a particular flourish stamp in the Blue Skies stamp set and couldn't find a good place on the card front, so I put it inside instead. The stamp is beautiful. I didn't leave much room for a personal message in this card, but sometimes less really is more.

And, on that note, I'll say goodnight. Thanks for stopping by. 
 
Stamps: Blue Skies (Verve); Faux Finish (Stampendous)
Paper: Simply Delightful stack (My Mind's Eye); Coredinations; Paper Studio; Shimmer Stack (DCWV)
Ink: Colorbox; Distress Ink
Accessories: Fleur de Lis Motifs & Blossom Two dies (Spellbinders); 2" square punch (EK Success); Organic embossing folder (Cuttlebug); clear embossing powder (Zing); organza ribbon (Offray); staples; rhinestones; jewel brad; Liquid Pearls; sewing; paint marker; dimensionals.
Size: 5.5" x 4.25"
Thanks for visiting my blog!
To have Ink Up delivered to your inbox,
subscribe in the box at the top right of the page.

5 comments :

stampingandstitching said...

Wonderful card, Cheryl! Love all the beautiful layers and details! The inside of the card is so pretty too! Lol a snoring dog and staying up too late on the computer, that sounds a lot like me right now!

Susie W. said...

Congratulations on making the Fantastic Four at Lily Pad Cards! Love the clever way you layered your ribbons.
By the way, you did a wonderful job designing your blog...SO cute!

Maria@Crafty Cre8tions said...

Wow - this is great!!!! Love your layers!! I love my dogs snoring at my feet too!!!

Thanks for the visit and congrats to you too!!!!
Maria

Anonymous said...

Fabulous card! Love how you created the border around the sentiment with the die cuts, also great use of papers and stamping!

Anonymous said...

Oh, this is so soft and dreamy! Beautiful card! Thanks for playing Mojo Monday!