You Take My Breath Away

Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Happy Wednesday, Blog Friends! I hope you've been having a good week. I'm still on a high from the convention this past weekend, so my week has been terrific! :)

With only one week left before Valentine's Day, though, I decided I better get busy with my Valentine cards, so that's what I have to share with you today.


The sketch is from the Taylored Expressions Sketch Challenge #151, and the Our Craft Lounge Blog challenge #103 is to use images that take us "Up In the Air," which was perfect for me because when I won the Lily Pad Palette Color Challenge about a week ago, OCL was the sponsor and one of the stamps I got was an adorable hot air balloon called "Spilling Over."
I paper pieced the balloon with black and tan dp's and used a dp for the background that is covered in mathematical equations. I used black waxed linen thread between the different pieces of the balloon and to connect the balloon to the basket. The red heart on the balloon was colored with Copics, adhered, then covered with Glossy Accents.


For the basket and spilled hearts, I colored them with Copic markers then added Stickles to the hearts. The entire balloon and basket are popped up with foam dots. I glued the spilled hearts to the card, in lieu of the three embellies on the sketch.

Here's a look at the inside:


My goal was to end up with a masculine Valentine card. I think it works for that.

My friend, Tera, is the Guest Designer for Flourishes Timeless Tuesday this month. Be sure to pop over to her blog and say hi and see her absolutely gorgeous card for this week's challenge. Here's the link for the Timeless Tuesday challenge--you won't want to miss that either!

Thanks for popping in, and have a wonderful day!

~Hugs,
 
Stamps: Spilling Over (Our Craft Lounge)
Paper: Oxford, Little Black Dress (Basic Grey)
Ink: Distress Ink; Copic markers; Memento
Dies: Std Circles Lg, Classic Scalloped Circles Lg, Parisian Accents (Spellbinders)
Accessories: Binding Edge edger (EK Success); waxed linen thread; Glossy Accents; Stickles; Enamel Accents; Pearl Pen; Perfect Pearls Mist; sewing thread; foam dots
Size: 4.5" square
Thanks for visiting my blog!
To have Ink Up delivered to your inbox,
subscribe in the box at the top right of the page.

15 comments :

Carla S. said...

Fantastic masculine valentine, Cheryl! Great design and details!

Kendra said...

OH MY WOW!!!! This is STUNNING!!!!

Stephanie said...

Wow, this is just beautiful!

Deb said...

Absolutely gorgeous! Love the way you used the waxed linen!

Tracy said...

This card literally takes MY breath away! Love every little bit of it. Thank you for playing along with TESC!
Hugs,
Tracy

Broni said...

Fabulous Valentine card! I love the "spilled" sparkly hearts!

Debbie Corbari said...

OH.My.WORD! This is one of the prettiest, coolest cards I've ever seen! I absolutely LOVE what you did with the balloon & hearts! Thanks for inkin' this baby up! :)

Debbie Fisher (debbiedee) said...

WOW! This card take MY breath away! Absolutely gorgeous!

Lori Barnett said...

This is BEAUTIFUL!

Deborah said...

You killed this one, babe!

Lynn (toomanycrayons) said...

Saw your card on the Lily Pad site and jumped over to see your blog and the detail. Really love this masculine balloon card. Congrats

Nancy K said...

Oh my, this is stunning! I totally appreciate your attention to the little details that make this card so special!

Valentina said...

this card is stunning! I love it and the gorgeus colours you use! great job,
valentina

mikki said...

Striking! The colors are gorgeous!

Karen Motz said...

This is beautiful!! I LOVE how the blue circle makes everything else pop!!