Always Friends

Sunday, February 12, 2012


Hi Friends! Happy Sunday to you!!! I have a sweet little Valentine's card to share with you this morning.

The current Kathy's Lily Pad Palette Challenge colors are red, pink and lime green.

Now, I love the challenges over at Lily Pad, but I wasn't sure I was up to this one after I saw all the cards the design team came up with. OMGosh, they are FAB! You've got to check them out. But, the colors are perfect girly colors, and my DD needed another card for a darling little girlfriend, so I gave it a shot. Besides, it ain't called a "challenge" for nothin', right? :)
I used another cutie pie Puddle Jumper digital image from By Lori Designs called MaryJane, and colored her up in the challenge colors. My DD has had a pair of pj's that looked similar to this, so I imagined MaryJane's outfit as pj's, and gave her some fuzzy Flower Soft slippers to match.


I used the Mojo220 sketch from a year ago as a guide for my layout. It has a stripe along the left side of the main panel that I liked, so to tie in with the slippers, I made a matching Flower Soft edge.


The lower left corner seemed bare, so I hand-drew a couple of little flowers and added rhinestones to their centers. I'm definitely no artist, but I think the simplicity of the design adds a childlike "little girl feel" to the card.


All girly cards need sparkle, so I added rhinestones to the sentiment, pink Stickles to the heart, and Glossy Accents to the eyes.

And, you know me, I just have to decorate the inside, but I kept it super simple.

Well, the laundry room has been calling my name incessantly for the last hour, so I must put on my very sparkly crown of domesticity and deal with the rabble before a riot ensues!

Thanks for stopping by, and enjoy the rest of the weekend!

~Hugs,
 
Stamps: Mary Jane Puddle Jumper--Digi Stamp (By Lori Designs), Playful Animals, Valentine Sayings (Hero Arts)
Paper: Bright Pack (Colorbok); Sweet Nectar, Watercolor Bouquet (K&Co)
Ink: Copic markers; Colorbox; Distress Ink
Dies: Labels Seven; Classic Scalloped Circles Sm
Accessories: Ribbon (Michaels); rhinestones; Glossy Accents; Stickles; Flower Soft
Size: A2 (4.25" x 5.5")
Thanks for visiting my blog!
To have Ink Up delivered to your inbox,
subscribe in the box at the top right of the page.

5 comments :

Carla S. said...

This is so cute, Cheryl! I love the adorable image and the Flower Soft Accents! Great design!

Sue Lelli said...

Oh my, Cheryl! LOVE the flower soft slippers and edge! DARLING card with that cute image and your hand-drawn flowers!

Mona Pendleton said...

Adorable card Cheryl! Love the added fluffy dimension!

Audrey Pettit said...

Cute, cute card, Cheryl~ Love what you did with the flower soft. :)

Marie said...

Super cute card, Cheryl. Love the flowersoft...I have to remember it can be used on something other than flowers!