PPRS February 2012 Sketch Challenge: Heart Pocket

Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Hi there, Friends! It's the 15th, and you know what that means...Prickley Pear Sketch Challenge time! We've got a really cool sketch this month, that may have you thinking a little bit out of the box.


When I first saw all those circles, I immediately thought of buttons, or flowers, or some other grouping of round items--you know, the obvious choices. But, I don't always like to go with the obvious. So, for this month's challenge, I opted to think in hearts instead, with February being the month of love, and all. :)

I'll be interested in seeing all the different ways people interpret this sketch. The possibilities are endless. You can mosey over to the Prickley Pear blog to see what the rest of the design team came up with, then show us what you've come up with by linking your creation on the PPRS blog post by the end of the month. There is a $15 gift certificate up for grabs for one lucky participant!

Thanks so much for visiting me, and have a fantastic day!

~Hugs,
 
Stamps: Heart with Daisy's (Prickley Pear Rubber Stamps)
Paper: Summer Song (My Mind's Eye)
Ink: Distress Ink; Staz-On
Dies: Classic Hearts (Spellbinders)
Accessories: Love is in the Air embossing folder (Cuttlebug); ribbon (Berwick); Mod Podge; glitter; Stickles; Prismacolor pencils
Size: A2 (4.25" x 5.5")
Thanks for visiting my blog!
To have Ink Up delivered to your inbox,
subscribe in the box at the top right of the page.

4 comments :

Carla S. said...

Beautiful card, Cheryl! I love the heart embossing and the gorgeous bow!

Audrey Pettit said...

I just love your take on the sketch this month, Cheryl! Such a sweet heart and I adore the embossed panel. Love how you highlighted some of the embossing with the inking. Fab!

Marie said...

Love your heart intrepertation for the sketch, Cheryl. Beautiful colors and that bow is totally awesome!

Theresa said...

Love how you interpreted the sketch. What a fabulous card and that bow is yummy!!