You Are a Treasure

Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Hello there...again! Didja miss me? My photo editing didn't take nearly as long as I expected, so without further ado, here is my last card for the day:
I stamped the sentiment first, then masked it and stamped one of the flowers. I then masked that flower and stamped another flower. I colored the flowers a little bit with Copics and used Mustard Seed and Vintage Photo inks along the edges of the sentiment panel.




















The sketch is the Viva la Verve February 2012 Week 3 sketch, and the color palette is CR84FN49.


The sentiment panel, flower, and leafy sprigs are all raised up with foam dots.

Eyelets on the vertical flag. The paint peeled a little bit, but I like the look on this card.


I stamped the flower once in Vintage Photo ink, then again in Mustard Seed, slightly offsetting the second stamping, then cut it out with a Scalloped Circle Nestie. Then, I adhered the button to the flower with hot glue, using just a little more than necessary so it would form the little nubs in the holes. 


I decided not to add a sentiment to the inside of the card, instead just decorating it with the same flowers I used on the front. I just loved coloring them. For the edges of the white panel, I used a deckle-edged ruler and moistened the paper just a little bit before tearing. I then sponged Mustard Seed Distress Ink along the edge of the paper and followed that with a light swiping of Vintage Photo. I can't believe I've had these stamps so long and haven't used them like this before. They are really pretty grouped together.

Well, that's all I have to share with you today. Looks like I may actually get to bed before midnight tonight! :)

Thanks for stopping by! 

~Hugs,
 
Stamps: Tag Time, Sunny Days (Verve)
Paper: Little Black Dress (Basic Grey); Watercolor Bouquet (K&Co)
Ink: Distress Ink
Dies: Leafy Sprigs, Curvy Bookplate (Verve); Classic Scalloped Circles Lg, Floral Doily Accents, Floral Doily Motifs (Spellbinders)
Accessories: Eyelets; Paper Lace II embossing folder (Cuttlebug); ribbon (Offray); Distress Stickles; Liquid Pearls; Enamel Accents; button; foam dots; deckle edge ruler
Size: A2 (4.25" 5.5")
Thanks for visiting my blog!
To have Ink Up delivered to your inbox,
subscribe in the box at the top right of the page.

15 comments :

Gerry said...

I love this card. Very impressive

Audrey Pettit said...

This is absolutely gorgeous, Cheryl! One of my top faves of yours!

Carla S. said...

Gorgeous card, Cheryl! Wonderful design with the colors and sketch!

Heather Rogers said...

So pretty Cheryl. I love the sentiment stamped between the flowers.

Thanks for playing at CR84FN. :)
Hugs~

Sue Lelli said...

Cheryl, LOVE this card! LOVE the panels and your flowers and the inside is so FAB! THX for playing with us at CR84FN!

Shelby said...

This is a beautiful and striking card! I just love this color combo and all of the texture and shapes you've combined! Looks absolutely amazing.

Shelby

Melissa Craig said...

STUNNING! I love these colors and the natural feel to your card. The stamps and details are incredible.

Beate said...

Cheryl, this is gorgeous! I LOVE your focus point and how you used the sketch! Beautiful card.
Hugs and smiles

Deborah Frings said...

Love the layout you used - and the focal image is great. I like the sentiment and the flowers have such dimension! Great work. Thanks for playing along with CR84FN!

Marie said...

Beautiful card, Cheryl. I love how you were able to get so many different looking flowers from the same stamp. I expect to see more cards with this stamp! Gorgeous.

Lisa Elton said...

This is brilliant, what a lovely card!!

Mona Pendleton said...

Very beautiful Cheryl! I love the label stampand those pretty flowers! The shimmery centers add such a touch of elegance! Thanks for joining along with CR84FN :)

Conniecrafter said...

Oh my this is just beautiful, love that you have embossing as your base, pretty colors!

Shannon White said...

Goodness this is soo Pretty Miss Cheryl!! Love all the Wonderful layers and texture! Love how you put your flowers and sentiment together! So Clever!8-) Terrific take on the sketch too! Just a Wonderful Card Lady 8-)

Hugs
Shannon

Tigriswillreign said...

I love this sketch! Your card is lovely!!