Keep Fighting

Tuesday, February 28, 2012


Hello Friends! Hope you've had a good day. I had an appointment this morning that ended up lasting until lunchtime, but was still able to get a couple of cards made, so I'd call this an excellent day! I've been asked to make a beach-themed wedding card for next month, and while I'm waiting on the stamps I ordered for it, I decided to try out a beachy color palette.

Have you seen the blog, Design Seeds? I LOVE IT! Not only are there tons of color palettes to drool over, you can use these little slider things to do a palette search or you can simply search by theme. Very cool. For this card I went to "The Sea" theme and scrolled until I found one I liked. It's called "Beached Tones." Aren't they gorgeous!



I used the Viva la Verve February 2012 Week 4 sketch. It looks like a simple sketch, but, for me, these type sketches just about make me break out in hives!!! I'll take lots of busy layers any day over CAS!




So, here's the card I came up with using the VLV sketch and a beach palette:
The bg paper is one that I found at a half-price scrapbook store awhile back. It's beautiful paper, but it's 12x12, so the design is huge, and since I don't do scrapbook pages, I was thinking I'd never get around to using it, but the colors were perfect for this particular color palette, so I decided to try it anyway. I didn't realize, until I edited the photos of the card that the lace design on the paper actually looks a little like sea foam. When I am making that beach wedding card next week, I may have to pull this paper out again!

The sentiment on the front of the card, and on the inside are from two different Verve stamp sets, but they go together so well.

And...that's it's for this card. I said in the beginning of the post that I'd made two cards. I did, but I still have to edit the photos of the second card, so I'll be back a little later with that one.

In the meantime, thanks for stopping by, and I'll see you in a few! :)

~Hugs,
 
Stamps: Words of Wisdom, Blue Skies(Verve)
Paper: Roses & Lace (Paperwhite)
Ink: Distress Ink; Colorbox
Dies: Floral Doily Motifs, Bird Flourishes (Spellbinders)
Accessories: Classic Butterfly punch (Martha Stewart); Script Texture embossing folder (Cuttlebug); pearls, Enamel Accents; Stickles; sewing thread
Size: A2 (4.25" x 5.5")
Thanks for visiting my blog!
To have Ink Up delivered to your inbox,
subscribe in the box at the top right of the page.

2 comments :

Shelby said...

Gorgeous color palette! Thanks for the link to the color blog...I'll have to check it out.

Shelby

Marie said...

Cheryl, you interpreted that sketch beautifully. Fantastic color combo, so soft and delicate. Great beach theme material.