Time With Friends

Friday, February 10, 2012

Hi Friends! I have some fun news about one of my cards today. A couple of days ago, I posted a card using an Our Craft Lounge stamp--a hot air balloon with hearts spilling out of it. I had won a gift certificate to Our Craft Lounge in a Lily Pad challenge and the balloon was one of the stamps I got with it. Anyway, I sent a link for the card to Lily Pad to thank them for choosing my card and they ended up featuring it on their blog! Then, late yesterday, just as my hubby and I were getting ready to leave for a date night (my daughter's dentist had a free parent's night out at his office, so we got to have a real grown-up dinner--AWESOME!), I got an email from Taylor at Taylored Expressions saying that she had selected ME as her very first Top Chef--for that same card! That's a new twist she is having in conjunction with her sketch challenge now. Whoo Hoo--I am pumped! And...I actually have one more bit of exciting news that stemmed from that card--yes, that same card, but I'll reveal that later. ;) Sooooo, it has been quite an exciting couple of days for me, and I just had to share it with all of you--my sweet, supportive blog friends!

And, now, I've got another Valentine's Day card. The layout is from the Taylored Expressions Sketch Challenge 152 (TESC152) and I used the CR84FN47 Color Challenge colors of red, pink and light blue.













This is a cute card that I made for my daughter to give to one of her best friends--a boy.



I colored the cute little By Lori Designs Be Mine Puddle Jumper image with Copics, then put Glossy Accents on the hearts and their eyes.


The blue "pearls" on the card are Liquid Pearls, and the red pearls were white, and I colored them with a red Copic marker.

The sentiment came from a piece of dp in a Prima Annalee paper pack, as did the strip of blue and the pink scroll edged border. Because the sentiment was six inches long, I split it into two pieces and used part on the front of the card and the rest on the inside.



And, here's a peek at the inside:


I'm slowly working through my list of the challenges I want to enter--just seven more to go. So you'll probably be seeing me at least a couple more times over the weekend.

Thanks for stopping by, and have a crafty weekend!

~Hugs,
 
Stamps: Puddle Jumpers-Be Mine-Digital Stamp (By Lori Designs); Happy Valentine's Day sentiment (Craftsmart)
Paper: Picket Fence (Lily Bee Designs); Annalee (Prima)
Ink: Copic markers; Distress Ink
Dies: Fancy Tags Three, Classic Ovals Lg (Spellbinders)
Accessories: Ribbon (Michaels); pearls; Glossy Accents; Liquid Pearls; Corner Chomper
Size: A2 (4.25" x 5.5")
Thanks for visiting my blog!
To have Ink Up delivered to your inbox,
subscribe in the box at the top right of the page.

13 comments :

Sue Lelli said...

So much HAPPY news! And it couldn't happen to a Sweeter person! LOVE this card for your daughter to give to her boy friend! Just DARLING! CUTE image! LOVE the liquid pearls and that glossy heart! THX for playing with us at CR84FN!

Leslie Miller said...

So absolutely darling, and what a great sketch! You make fabulous cards. I had to go check out your balloon card, too, and I can see why it's taking you places. Fun! Enjoy!

Mona Pendleton said...

Yahoooo! Congrats Cheryl! So well deserved! Your card is beautiful! Such a darling image and you did such a great job bringing it to life! Thanks for joining along with CR84FN :)

Deborah Frings said...

Many congratulations on your win! This is really super - love that image, beautifully coloured! Great papers and I do like the ribbon! Thanks for playing along with CR84FN!

Cassie said...

Congrats on all of the winning and your 'grown up' dinner, hehe. Your card is darling and I'm sure your daughter's friend will really like it. Thanks for playing with Taylor's sketch :D

Angela said...

Congratulations...great news...adorable card!

Bernie said...

Congrats Cheryl!
Your card is beautiful! Such a darling image so beautifully colored.
Blessings Bernie

Gerry said...

Congrats on all you good news. Your card is absolutely adorable...love that image

Carla S. said...

Congrats on all the great news, Cheryl! Can't wait to hear the rest! Your card is wonderful! I love the colors and design and the darling image! Terrific coloring!

Anonymous said...

Absolutely adorable! Love those papers and the sweet little couple, your colouring is perfect!

Lisa Elton said...

Congrats on all of your good news! Now about this card...I'm totally smitten; very sweet!!!

Tracy said...

I love it when good things happen to great people! That balloon card was seriously amazing Cheryl. This one is too. I love BLD images and absolutely LOVE how you worked these lovebirds into the new sketch. Great color choice. The blue liquid pearl accents are so fun! Thank you for playing along with TESC!
Hugs,
Tracy

Bernadette Bliss said...

Congratulations! The card is darling. I won the gift certificate and got my goodies today along with the latest kit. I'm in love... Bernadette