Bon Anniversaire Mon Ami

Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Hello again! One more card for today. This card is an anniversary card, made using a Just Rite stamp I picked up at the convention two weekends ago. For this card, I'm using the Ribbon Carousel Challenge Sketch #40, the CR84FN48 color palette of Chartreuse, Gray, and Lavender, and the Flourishes Timeless Tuesday #156 theme of Love, with red incorporated into the design.


Aren't the colors Mona chose this time beautiful! I always love learning new things, so I decided to look up chartreuse. I found out that chartreuse is the name of a French liqueur, and is a color halfway between green and yellow and that there is a green chartreuse and a yellow chartreuse, with yellow being considered the more traditional of the two. In my opinion, yellow chartreuse isn't very pretty. The green chartreuse is exactly 50% green and 50% yellow and is what is displayed on Mona's palette.  
I've been seeing this Shabby Chic Labels Four stamp set for awhile, so when I spied it at the convention I went to recently, I grabbed it right up. I was a little bit intimidated about coloring it, but once I got going, I found it wasn't nearly as difficult as I'd imagined. I made the little roses on each end of the stamp red for the Timeless Tuesday challenge that required some red.

I turned the sketch sideways and layered a chartreuse satin ribbon and a lavender chiffon wired ribbon behind the image in lieu of a cs layer and flag that is on the sketch. Behind the Labels Four die cut I layered a portion of the largest Bird Flourishes die cut, then a Fleur de Lis Rectangle, then two of the Fancy Tags Two tags. I tell you, those Spellbinders dies are gorgeous when they are layered. It would be so easy to get carried away with them, but I think I got just the right ones on this card.

I put a thick coat of Glossy Accents on the center portion of the image.

I tried a lot of different things where the red flower is before settling on that particular flower. I think it works well with those two little blips of red I colored on the stamp, though.

On the inside, I first stamped another stamp from the Shabby Chic Labels Four set. I used Crushed Olive Distress Ink, and stamped off on scrap paper one time before stamping in the card. Then I used Aged Mahogany Distress Ink and stamped the Bon Anniversaire sentiment from that same stamp set. Finally, in Milled Lavender Distress Ink, I stamped the single rose stamp from Flourishes Sweet Nature stamp set. I also sponged Milled Lavender Ink lightly around the edges of the cs before adhering it to the inside of the card.

Well, that's all I have for today. Thanks for stopping by, and don't forget that you have until February 29th to enter the Prickley Pear February Sketch Challenge--$15 is up for grabs!

~Hugs,
 
Stamps: Shabby Chic Labels Four (Just Rite); Sweet Nature (Flourishes)
Paper: Little Black Dress (Basic Grey); Sweet Nectar (K&Co)
Ink: Copic markers; Memento; Distress Ink
Dies: Labels Four, Fancy Tags Two, Fleur de Rectangle, Bird Flourishes (Spellbinders)
Accessories: Ribbon (Michaels); rhinestones; flower (Recollections); foam dots; Glossy Accents
Size: A2 (4.25" x 5.5")
Thanks for visiting my blog!
To have Ink Up delivered to your inbox,
subscribe in the box at the top right of the page.

11 comments :

Marie said...

Beautiful and so very elegant, Cheryl. The touch of red is just fantastic.

Suzanne Russell said...

Love it! Great coloring on the label and what fabulous fancy work on the layers. Beautiful card!

Angela said...

Wow, this is so elegant...love it!

Mona Pendleton said...

Beautiful card Cheryl! Lovin' all the layers and fancy labels! Thanks for joining along with CR84FN :)

stampqueen said...

Beautiful card!!! Wonderfully colored!!

Lisa Elton said...

Cheryl this is stunning! Love all of the pretty layered labels!!

Deborah Frings said...

Wow! This is magnificent! Love the pretty layers and gorgeous image! Thanks for playing along with CR84FN!

Sue Lelli said...

Cheryl, REALLY pretty! LOVE the label and that FAB ribbon and all of your lacy details! THX for playing with us at CR84FN!

Archana Joshi said...

Your card is stunning. You inspired me. Thanks.

Heather Rogers said...

Stunning Cheryl! I love that JR set and the colors are perfect. You nailed it girl! :)
Hugs~

Theresa said...

OMG!! There are no words for this card. WOW how totally stunning. I wish I had your talent.

I think it's time for me to give up and just admire your work.

FABULOUS!!