FTTC157: Corner Bookmark

Saturday, February 25, 2012

Hello Friends! Quick post here today. The challenge this week for Flourishes Timeless Tuesday is to create a corner bookmark--yet another project I've never made, but I can't imagine why not. It was easy, and fun.










My color palette is from the Color Throwdown #180 challenge. This is such a nice, soothing palette.





Here's my bookmark:

I used Beate's SCS video tutorial as a guide to making the bookmark. I sewed dp to the bookmark base before folding the edges down in the back, then added ribbon, Liquid Pearls, and Stickles.



used a silhouette from Flourishes' Sweet Days of Summer stamp set for my image. I love that it's a girl reading, and the tree fit into the circle die cut perfectly. It's embossed with Chocolate embossing powder, then I sponged Distress Ink for the ground and sky, and used Flower Soft for the grass and flowers in the tree, and Sparkly Fluff for the ground under the tree.

The sentiment on the back of the bookmark is from the same stamp set as the silhouette.

My DD saw this and immediately called dibs on it. :) My entire family are readers, but, even at seven years old, my DD is the most avid reader, so she probably would have gotten this anyway, but I'm glad she liked it so much she requested it herself.

And, that'll do it for today. Thanks so much for stopping by, and enjoy the rest of your weekend.

~Hugs,
 
Stamps: Sweet Days of Summer (Flourishes)
Paper: Just Chillin' (Making Memories)
Ink: Memento; Distress Ink, clear embossing ink
Dies: Std. Circles Lg, Classic Scalloped Circles Lg, Classic Ric Rac Edgebilities (Spellbinders)
Accessories: Scallop Dot border punch (Martha Stewart); Zing embossing powder; Offray ribbon; sewing thread; Sparkly Fluff; Stickles; Liquid Pearls; Flower Soft
Size: 4" 
Thanks for visiting my blog!
To have Ink Up delivered to your inbox,
subscribe in the box at the top right of the page.

8 comments :

Heather Rogers said...

This is beautiful Cheryl. I love the added texture and pretty colors. My neighbor saw mine and asked what I was going to do with it...she said she wanted it. :)

Hugs~

Beate said...

Cheryl, your bookmark is drop dead gorgeous!
Hugs and smiles

Carla S. said...

Gorgeous bookmark, Cheryl! I love the colors and the beautiful image with the Flower Soft!

Shelby said...

Beautiful bookmark, and the color palette is just gorgeous! Great use of flowersoft and liquid pearls...love it.

Shelby

Frances said...

This is a wonderful gift idea, love the flowersoft on the tree image. hugs, Frances.

Theresa said...

This is gorgeous!! Just absolutely stunning.

Audrey Pettit said...

wow! SO cool! Love the colors and love that fun silhouette image. And the flocking adds such a fabulous touch.

Joan Ervin said...

OMG!! This is an amazing bookmark...I sooo love the silhouette and the Flower Soft looks awesome!!! Thanks for joining us for the Color Throwdown!!!