Sense of Wonder

Thursday, February 9, 2012


Hi Friends! I've got another challenge card to share with you today, but have more to make, so I'll try to be brief.

Flourishes is having a B&W+1 Challenge, and the winner receives all three new release sets! How awesome is that!!! The deadline is Friday at 5PM, so hurry, if you want to enter.





And, the first week of the month at Mojo Monday is the Mojo Madness Contest with prizes for the top picks. You have until Sunday at 8PM MT for that one.


So, let's get to it!


For the B&W+1 Challenge, I used the required black and white, and my one other color is a sort of olive green/old gold color. Even looking at it in person, I can't exactly tell what I should call it, but it's a beautiful color.


I used my Copic airbrush to color the sentiment die cut, stamped it with a sentiment from the Pears stamp set, then added 3 pearls. I tied the seam binding bow with my peg bow maker that my hubby made for me following Becca's instructions. But, you don't have to make your own now...Flourishes is getting ready to carry the Becca Peg Bow Maker in their store!!! If you don't already own one, and you love beautiful bows, you will definitely want to get this baby as soon as it is in stock!



I stamped the small floral image from the Pears set on the gold-colored dp Labels Seven die cut, and added some Stickles to the center of the flowers for shine.

I love decorating the inside of my cards. Sometimes I stick with a simple design, but sometimes, like today, I go all out.


I got the Labels Seven die this past weekend at the stamp convention I attended, and I am loving it! I used it for the two tilted panels on the front of the card, and on the inside, I cut two windows in the old gold cs, and layered a piece of the black lace dp behind the smaller one. 


I cut one of the smaller dies and sponged Crushed Olive Distress Ink inside the die and stamped a sentiment from the Life Lines stamp set on it. The little black die cuts behind it are the left over negs from the black tag I cut out for my Lots of Love card yesterday. 
Then I took the same die that I used to cut the largest window, and used it as a template to cut a piece of white cs with my craft knife--I cut inside the die to leave just a smidgen of the black cs as a mat. Finally I inked up the same floral stamp that I used on the front (Crushed Olive Distress Ink this time), stamped off one time, then stamped onto the die cut. It looks darker in the photo than it is in person. It's actually light enough to be able to write a personal message over it.

So that's it for now. I may be back later today with another challenge card (I've got about 10 challenges on my to-do list). In the meantime, thanks for stopping by, and have a terrific day!

~Hugs, 
 
Stamps: Pears, Life Lines (Flourishes)
Paper: Little Black Dress (Basic Grey); Reflections (Prima)
Ink: Copic markers; Memento; Distress Ink
Dies: Labels Seven, Big Scalloped Ovals Sm, Classic Ovals Lg, Fancy Tags 3 (Spellbinders)
Accessories: Paper Lace II embossing folder (Cuttlebug); Tropical Paisley embossing folder (Sizzix); seam binding (Hug Snug); pearls; Stickles; sewing thread; foam dots
Size: A2 (4.25" x 5.5")
Thanks for visiting my blog!
To have Ink Up delivered to your inbox,
subscribe in the box at the top right of the page.

13 comments :

Carla S. said...

Another gorgeous card! This is so elegant! You aced the challenges, that's for sure!

Olena said...

WOW! Beautiful card! Love it! Olena

Sue Lelli said...

Cheryl, just GORGEOUS! LOVE the colors and the FAB bow and image on text in the first card!

Stacy Morgan said...

Rich... warm and BEAUITFUL! Fabulous sentiment focused card too. Thanks for playing in Flourishes Challenge.

ChristineCreations said...

Really rich feeling Cheryl. I love the pear blossoms peeking out and that gorgeous embossing folder!

~Tammy~ said...

Cheryl, these are amazing and elegant! Love them so much~

Sheri Gilson said...

Gorgeous card, Cheryl!! Love the stunning colors and fabulous texture!!

Theresa said...

What an elegant card. So very rich and beautiful.

Melissa Craig said...

Wow Cheryl! Your card is exquisite. Beautiful color combo, stunning details.

dpkennedy said...

This is so beautiful and elegant! Thanks for playing with Flourishes!

Marie said...

Lovely and very elegant, Cheryl. You sure got your monies worth out of that die! Love how you turned it on it's side.

Beate said...

Cheryl, your card is beautiful! Very elegant. Hugs and smiles

Kathy said...

The colors you choose for the cards are beautiful and the sentiments are perfect! I love your blog header too!