Love You Always

Monday, February 13, 2012

Hi Friends! I have another Valentine's Day card to share with you today. This one is for my DD to give to her daddy, my DH. She calls him Papa, and she absolutely adores him. She's in the second grade, and reads at a sixth grade level, but she still wants her Papa to read to her every night. It's their "thing." Their plan is to do this until she grows up and moves away. Isn't that sweet?

I used another older Mojo Monday sketch (#170) for my layout. The theme for Our Craft Lounge OCL104 is Vintage Love, and the Flourishes Bring Back Beautiful challenge this month is BBB19: The Beauty of Love, so I think this card handles both of those pretty well.

I am loving my new By Lori Designs digital images. This one is Suzy, and she reminds me of my DD, with all that curly hair and demure expression.
I colored Suzy with Copic markers, fussy cut her out, added little dots of Liquid Pearls for buttons, then popped her up with foam dots. After stamping the hearts beside her, I sponged Victorian Velvet Distress Ink in them and added pink rhinestones for sparkle. I used a Pearl Pen for the pearls on the Fleur de Lis Rectangle die cut. The Valentine ticket is stapled onto the card with a mini stapler.


After die cutting the blue heart, I sponged Victorian Velvet Distress Ink around the edges while it was still in the die. Then stamped a burlap design on it in Stormy Sky Distress Ink. Using my Distrezzer, I distressed the edges of the heart, ticket, and main panel, sponged Walnut Stain, then randomly dabbed water here and there to smear the ink, rolling up some of the edge, too. I stitched the main layers by randomly changing between zigzag and straight stitching, and also changed up the width and length of the stitches as I sewed.

The inside is a little unusual. See what you think, then I'll explain my thoughts behind it:


Since this card is from my DD, I wanted it to "feel" like it was from her. When she makes cards, she tends to get really carried away when she likes a particular stamp or ink or glitter glue (I may have to put my Stickles under lock and key!)  So, when I decorated the inside of this card, I used the "lots & lots of love" sentiment, then stamped the "Happy Valentine's Day" sentiment lots & lots of times, along with that little heart stamp. To my DD, the more she emphasizes something, the more it means to her, and she would really, really, really, want her Papa, my DH, to know that she loves him and wants him to have a Happy Valentine's Day. She's such a Sweetheart!

Well, that's it for today! Hope your day is filled with crafty fun!

~Hugs,
 
Stamps: Puddle Jumper-Suzy--Digi Stamp (By Lori Designs); Valentine Savings (Hero Arts); Burlap background (Stamp Camp)
Paper: Kissing Booth, Oxford (Basic Grey); Vintage Style Valentine Tickets (Miss Cutiepie Inspiration)
Ink: Copic Markers; Distress Ink
Dies: Classic Hearts, Classic Scalloped Hearts, Fleur de Lis Rectangles (Spellbinders)
Accessories: Ribbon (Offray); pearls; sewing thread; Glossy Accents; Liquid Pearls; rhinestones; Pearl Pen; mini staples
Size: A2 (4.25" x 5.5")
Thanks for visiting my blog!
To have Ink Up delivered to your inbox,
subscribe in the box at the top right of the page.

6 comments :

Carla S. said...

Your card for your DD to give to her Papa is so beautiful, Cheryl! I love the shabby chic look and the darling image! Great idea for the inside! Your DH is going to cherish this, that's for sure!

Bernie said...

Beautiful! Love the shabby chic look!
Blessings Bernie

Anonymous said...

This is totally adorable & perfect for the occasion! He is going to love it!

Marie said...

Wonderful card, Cheryl. I tried the distressed look last night let's just say I'll leave that technique to the experts...like you. Simply fantastic card.

Kathy Jones said...

Awwww....how darling is this!!! Love all the detail that's gone into this fabulous creation!!! Thanks for playing the BBB Challenge!!!

Elizabeth said...

Love the colors and the gorgeous image!