Witching You...

Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Happy Wednesday! Hope yours was a good one. My card today is pretty much self-explanatory, so this won't take much of your time.

I used the sketch from today's Flourishes Noon Time Challenge and decided to break out my new Witching You a Happy Halloween set. I've used Stickles for the cat's collar, stars, swirls, and witch's hat band. I colored the broom and hat band with Copics, but I don't have enough gray markers to color something black yet, so I used Prismacolor pencils for the hat.  

I have started using a different method to pop some of my layers up. When I only want my layer popped up a little bit, I found that I could use a piece of cardstock that I've run though a paper crimper. I usually use two layers, with the crimps going in opposite directions to give just a little more lift and stability. I like using this method for two reasons: first, it makes the entire layer sturdier, unlike foam dots, and second, I can precisely control the height I lift a layer. I know that if the layer is pressed on, it will collapse, which doesn't happen with foam dots, but I don't see that happening very often. And, if it did, the layer just wouldn't be lifted anymore. I can live with that.

And, that's it for this card.

Oh, one more thing...I love my new ink blender blocks

Thanks for visiting and enjoy the rest of your week!

 
Stamps: Witching You a Happy Halloween (Flourishes)
Paper: Midnight Magic (Recollections)
Ink: Tim Holtz Distress Ink; Staz-on; Memento; Copic markers
Accessories: Arch Lattice edge punch (Martha Stewart); Bird Call embossing folder (Cuttlebug); ribbon (Michael's); Enamel Accents (Inkssentials); color pencils (Prismacolor); rhinestones; twine (The Twinery); Stickles; sewing thread; foam dots
Size: A2 (4.25" x 5.5")
 
Thanks for visiting my blog!
To have Ink Up delivered to your inbox,
subscribe in the box at the top right of the page.

7 comments :

Dawn B. said...

You did a great job with the sketch. I need to get this set out and use it again. Thanks for playing along at Flourishes.

Amanda said...

I love, love your card!! :)

Stacy Morgan said...

Very festive and awesome colors. Thanks for playing in Flourishes Sketch Challenge.

Bernie said...

Love your method to pop your layers up! And your blending blocks are awesome!
Blessings Bernie

Maria said...

Fabulous Halloween card, love it!!!

Marcella Hawley said...

Holy smokes, this is something special! Love how you put it all together, really magical.

Theresa said...

Cheryl, you are so amazingly talented. This card is fabulous. Totally love it!!