Celebrate Fall

Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Hi Friends! I hope your week is starting off good. Mine certainly is. Yesterday I learned that my "Just For You" card was chosen as a Froggin' Fantastic Four over at Lily Pad Cards! This is the second time I've enjoyed that honor! The other winners' cards are awesome--you should definitely check them out.  

There is another bit of exciting news, too...but I'll tell you about that in a few days! ;)  

My card today is seasonal, for fall, of course. I used the Viva la Verve September 2011 Week 4 sketch, the CR84FN39 Color Challenge colors of orange, yellow, and brown, the Crazy 4 Challenges #106 theme of a Halloween or Fall card, and Heartsong Inspiration's challenge #17 to use ribbon and/or a tag--I used both. :)  

To make the diagonal strips, I just cut strips of paper, sewed them to the bg paper, then trimmed the ends off. That didn't require much in the way of measuring--figuring angles isn't one of my strong points. I added the little orange leaves (Stampendous) to the orange strips as an afterthought.

In my materials list below, you'll see that I used waxed linen thread, but you might not notice it in the photo. See the orange flowers on the tag (Sunny Days, Verve)? It actually looks like a button in the center of the flower, so I pierced the holes and used the linen thread to "sew" it. Then I covered just the button part with Glossy Accents to make it stand out from the rest of the flower. Not difficult, just hard to see here. :)


I just love this meandering stitch (I don't know if there's an "official" name for it).

And, that'll do it for me today. Thanks so much for stopping by! I appreciate all my visitors and love hearing from you, too.

 
Stamps: Sweet Treats, Sunny Days (Verve); Everything Happy (Stampendous)
Paper: Best of K&Co
Ink: Tim Holtz Distress Ink; Staz-On
Dies: Tiny Sweet Scallop (Verve)
Accessories: Polka Dots embossing folder (Cuttlebug); ribbon (Offray); waxed linen thread; Glossy Accents; sewing thread; foam dots
Size: A2 (4.25" x 5x5")
Thanks for visiting my blog!
To have Ink Up delivered to your inbox,
subscribe in the box at the top right of the page.

8 comments :

Unknown said...

Wonderful autumn card, Cheryl! Love the layout! Thanks for joining us at CR84FN!

Deb Hickman said...

Gorgeous card, I love the diagonal strips.xxx

Jessica H said...

LOVE this one! Makes me get in the mood for pumpkins and candy corn and leaves falling! Beautiful fall card!

Mona Pendleton said...

Lovely card Cheryl! Love the sweet tag and the whimsical stitching! Thanks so much for joining along with CR84FN :)

Marie said...

Great fall card, Cheryl. Love the unmeasured angles, great effect. Thanks for playing along at CR84FN.

Dana Joy said...

Wow Cheryl what an awesome fall card. Love that ribbon girl. Thanks for playing along with us this week at HSI.

Hugs
Dana

Davi said...

Very pretty fall card and with the lovely dps and love the checked bow!! Thanks for joining us at HSI this week.

Sue Lelli said...

Cheryl, LOVE the stitching and the diagonal papers! Pretty card! THX for playing with us at CR84FN!